Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Nissan announces AWD option for the G35 sedan

Old 09-02-2003, 07:47 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan announces AWD option for the G35 sedan

Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

The big news for the 2004 G35 Sport Sedan is the addition, beginning in early December, of the G35 Sedan Leather AWD model. This new model features an advanced all-wheel drive system with an active torque distribution management system with an electro-magnetic clutch (no center differential). The advantage of this system is smooth starts and better traction and maneuverability on snowy roads and minimal compromise of rear-wheel drive performance characteristics on dry roads. Torque distribution front-to-rear is computer controlled and is variable between 0:100 and 50:50 front:rear.

All 2004 G35 Sport Sedans express Infiniti’s bold new direction of combining leading-edge design and technology, driver-oriented performance and a high level of luxury. The G35 comes standard with a 260-horsepower 3.5-liter V6, 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension and rear-wheel drive.

Enhancements to the 2004 G35 Sport Sedan include:
·New G35 Leather AWD model with ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system, including "Snow-Mode" switch which fixes the torque distribution ration at 50:50 to improve performance on slippery roads
·Standard heated outside mirrors on all models 17-inch wheels now standard on all models
·Improved standard 6-disc CD changer (with faster operation)
·Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
·Standard rear limited-slip differential on Leather 6MT model
·Heated front seats and 4-way power front passenger's seat standard on Leather, Leather 6MT models
·Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production)
·Two new exterior colors – Diamond Graphite, Twilight Blue (previously available)

http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/n...91194118.shtml
Gotta love competition.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:54 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 Speed? Please? :happysad: Don't pull a Honda and make your best model automatic.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:59 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

And don't forget the G35X which is our version of the Stage AR-X Four. Well aside from them getting a VQ25DET compared to our VQ35DE they're the same. Also the Stagea shares its platform with the Skyline and the dash is identical, hence why a Stagea is a G35 in America.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=81486

I also find it a little odd that in Japan the Skyline has all n/a engine choices (VQ25DD, VQ30DE, VQ35DE; with awd available on some VQ25DD models) while the Stagea can be had with the VQ25DD, VQ25DET and VQ30DE with awd available on both VQ25 variants. Eh whatever.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:28 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

u think there is any chance of coupe awd? the sedan is really ugly compared to the sexy coupe.
Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
6 Speed? Please? :happysad: Don't pull a Honda and make your best model automatic.
04 TL 6spd?

also, the stagea is UGLY
Old 09-02-2003, 09:31 PM
04 Acura TSX
DOHC iVTEC Power!

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Yeah for some odd reason I don't know why it seems that Honda's automatics are better than their 6 speeds. My TSX 6 speed gets worse gas mileage than a TSX with auto.

According to my window sticker I am suppose to get the following mileage:

21mpg CITY 29mpg HIGHWAY

However, I am averaging 19-21 mpg in mixed driving and most of my driving involves the highways, I kinda hate my TSX because of this. I should have gotten the 5 speed automatic.

Also, I don't know if the auto TSXs and 6 speed TSXs are just as quick as each other or run about the same times in the 1/4 mile. :dunno:

The cheap interior was the reason I didn't buy a G35, but a G35 AWD will make me reconsider. I can get over the cheap looking interior though.h:

G35 coupe is sessy! :naughty:
Old 09-02-2003, 10:16 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by 04 Acura TSX
Yeah for some odd reason I don't know why it seems that Honda's automatics are better than their 6 speeds. My TSX 6 speed gets worse gas mileage than a TSX with auto.
Honda's autos are crap in comparison to their manuals. IMHO, it's their biggest fault as a company.

Your gas mileage is probably representative of your driving style.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
kazi
Toyota Racing = Cheaters

Originally posted by 04 Acura TSX
BMW and Honda's manual transmissions are the best in the industry (for non-exotic brands that is).
Old 09-02-2003, 10:34 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
u think there is any chance of coupe awd? the sedan is really ugly compared to the sexy coupe.

also, the stagea is UGLY
As of right now there are no awd variants of the Skyline Coupe sold anywhere. Japan gets basically the same thing as our G35 Coupe although the base equipment level is lower. Powertrain is identical.

The AR-X Four is the "outbackified" version of the Stagea--raised suspension, plastic body cladding, etc. This is the regular Stagea:

Personally I think Infiniti should call the Stagea the I35 (or any other number) and sell a non-wannabe SUV versions instead of just giving us the G35X. That would be a simple enough car to bring over here.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:39 PM
velfarretokyo

AWD? Nice going Infiniti. Hopefully this will spur Honda/Acura into action.

As for the next I35, I've heard rumors that the "Terrano" (or however you romanize it) will be the next I35 if they decide to keep it around.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:21 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You mean the Teana? That thing is like Nissan's take on a Toyota Avalon (which is Toyota's take on a Buick). It would be totally out of place in the Infiniti lineup.