Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

200+hp CRX to arrive in 2006?

Old 05-12-2004, 03:44 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the CRX comes back any of the Si's or higher models will be manual. Si's are always manual. I don't think Honda is going to change that. A 6-spd on a K20a with a wheelbase not much shorter than the original would kick ass. It could be as quick stock as an old Si with a B18C1. I'd hope they could keep it under 2500lbs and still no backseats of course. .
Old 05-12-2004, 04:04 PM
SonY:)AccOrd
GOSU

oh oh oh I wanna see a picture
Old 05-12-2004, 04:30 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally Posted by More&Faster
the integra/RSX has always been a civic with just a longer wheelbase and some different hardware.
:ugh: if you say so
then can we say the NA accord/tsx/tl are the same car? why not throw in the odyssey and pilot too since they're on the same platform as well, just with different wheelbases and hardware...
Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

CRX was a two-seater?
What market is there for a cheapo two-seater?
(Ignore teh Pontiac Solstice... )
Old 05-12-2004, 06:58 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I see no death in the RSX's immediate future. It's selling fine, albeit not at the levels when it first came out.

Honda likes having an Acura model to get Civic owners to step up to. Yeah they could just move up to an Accord, but not everyone who wants a nicer car also wants a bigger car. The RSX keeps those people in the family.

As for the CRX, Si, CTR, whatever: we're clearly not going to get the CTR. I also don't think the CRX name would be used as a trim level of a body style, but rather as a unique body style. In the US market I'm sure we will continue on with the sedan, coupe, and maybe hatchback. The CRX would be its own body style, perhaps with a performance engine choice.

Honda has been far more conservative with its Civic lineup in this country than in Japan dating back to the original Civic 1500 S. That was our "hot" model with a 1.5 liter 12-valve engine while the Japanese got a 130 hp DOHC ZC. Then in '88 we got an Si with a SOHC 16v 1.6 liter, and they got the SiR with the B16A. Etcetera etcetera, on into the present where the best we get is the EP3 Si hatch while the CTR sits painfully out of reach.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:25 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Has anyone seen this article? CRX Concept If a new CRX comes to the market like this, then... :naughty: ! Damn, I'd buy one for sure.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:24 AM
More&Faster

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
:ugh: if you say so
then can we say the NA accord/tsx/tl are the same car? why not throw in the odyssey and pilot too since they're on the same platform as well, just with different wheelbases and hardware...
i was just proving a point, but ya....i think now the RSX and civic have diverged more than in the past, but still. first gen integras were the same as 3rd gen civics. longer wheel base, different steering wheels, more interior amenities, different engine, different sheet metal. even my 3rd gen integra had a pretty *civic* looking interior. but whatever.

Originally Posted by M Type X
CRX was a two-seater?
What market is there for a cheapo two-seater?
(Ignore teh Pontiac Solstice... )
wow. you amaze me. you talk like you know so much shit but you dont even know the first thing about what a crx is. anyways, i definitely think theres a market for a two seater hatch. there was 15 years ago, and i dont think things have changed so much. have you seen 2g crx prices lately? if you had, you would agree there is a market for them. a 2g crx si commands an unusually high price.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:28 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

I raise a rhetorical point and you use it to show everyone how much a jerk you are. Congratulations.

So we disagree on how much a market actually exists for low-price two-seat cars. You want Honda to chase GM's ridiculous Kappa project. I don't.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:28 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M Type X
I raise a rhetorical point and you use it to show everyone how much a jerk you are. Congratulations.

So we disagree on how much a market actually exists for low-price two-seat cars. You want Honda to chase GM's ridiculous Kappa project. I don't.
I fully agree with GM's Kappa project, especially after seeing the quality/design of the interiors and the reliability of the Ecotech. I think that it'll raise GM's equity with consumers exponentially...and I also think there is a market for a new CRX, something along the lines of an Insight (great gas mileage) but with more performance and more agressive styling and powertrains. Maybe a 200HP Hybrid that averages 35 MPG or so?
Old 05-13-2004, 04:42 PM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Originally Posted by More&Faster
i anyways, i definitely think theres a market for a two seater hatch. there was 15 years ago, and i dont think things have changed so much. have you seen 2g crx prices lately? if you had, you would agree there is a market for them. a 2g crx si commands an unusually high price.
I agree. The demand for these little 13+ year old cars is huge...and the owners know it. A quick classifieds check in my area shows that many of the Si's go for around $4k. How much were they when they were new? Talk about holding their value.

I think Honda could find much success in releasing an inexpensive, sporty, fun, 2 seater hatch with plenty of utility...as long as they don't mess it up.
[edit]Knowing Honda as of late, it'll probably come out as a $19k car that weighs 2800lbs.

But if they get it right, just imagine... People have been lamenting the loss of the CRX (in "hatch" form) ever since the Del Sol came out.

Quick Reply: 200+hp CRX to arrive in 2006?