Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Is the 2005 NSX almost at our door already?

Old 10-16-2003, 12:46 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zumo
Just a small change here. Haven't tried to alter body. Already looks good to me. :wavey:

Honda HSC concept (new NSX?)

CFhood just RUINS it
Old 10-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Nelziq

Dude that should have had an NSFW tag in front of it. Not Safe for Work! I almost sprayed myself!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:27 PM
xFlipNotiKx
The Only User

the sideview mirrors are small
Old 10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

I think it's dead sexy, but I hope the V6 can produce, I'm getting tired of hearing these Corvette assholes boast about the hp they're getting in their "$50,000 sports cars". I was hoping Honda would introduce a small-liter 8, but hey, if they can get 240 hp outta the S2k, the sky is the limit with a 6
Old 10-17-2003, 07:44 AM
CityWok

Wow, that car is amazing. The back looks like a pagani to me....especially the pipes in the middle of the car. The interior is also sweet. And i want engine pics!!!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:56 PM
system-7

sadly the NSX will probly never make as much power as a Vette. However, it will still remain sexier, better build, and overall a superior vehicile regardless of the horsepower. Trust me when a vette owner see the new NSX even though he knows he's got more power, the shine and gleem of the Acura badge is gonna make him feel insecure because he still drives a Chevy.

this is Honda engineers vs. Chevy Engineers
Old 10-17-2003, 06:30 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by system-7
sadly the NSX will probly never make as much power as a Vette. However, it will still remain sexier, better build, and overall a superior vehicile regardless of the horsepower. Trust me when a vette owner see the new NSX even though he knows he's got more power, the shine and gleem of the Acura badge is gonna make him feel insecure because he still drives a Chevy.

this is Honda engineers vs. Chevy Engineers
:slap:
Old 10-18-2003, 10:56 AM
The Beav
i

Honda's NSX-cellent supercar
[16 October 2003]

Meet the Honda Sports Concept, which in size, performance, layout and appearance would make a convincing heir to the ageing NSX. The NSX, which has been around since 1989, has been consistently updated but will be over-ripe for replacement by the time the new model hits showrooms in 2006. The mid-engined HSC runs a modified version of the NSX's 3.2-litre V6, developing over 300bhp.

Performance will be pretty wild despite a power output that falls shy of the supercar heavyweights. Thank lightweight carbonfibre and aluminium construction for this. Honda, though, is keen to emphasise the HSC's ease of use (another characteristic it shares with the NSX). A clever iDrive-esque electronic control console and paddle-shift gearchange help to take the strain out of everyday use, as does a digital display that relays images from behind the car to help when reversing.

Things may not be quite as they seem with the HSC though. Rumours from inside the Honda camp suggest the company is not satisfied with the HSC's design, and that it wants something with greater longevity to succeed the NSX. The HSC may look great in the week of its unveiling, will it still be turning heads after 15 years in production? We've been informed of at least two designs currently on the drawing board as potential NSX replacements - and neither of them is the HSC?

Toby Richards-Carpenter
-Top Gear News
Old 10-18-2003, 05:05 PM
nate886
Green: The genius color.

I am at a loss for words! :njerk:
Old 10-18-2003, 06:01 PM
stiffcivic

The car definately caught my attention. So, so happy to see a new model for the NSX being shown. Heard many rumors about a new one going into production. Hopefully this one or one like it makes it way into production. Its about time honda made a new one. I was so happy just to see a tail light and headlight change on the latest model, and the type-r version blew me away. A total remodel was definately highly anticipated.
If this car's direct competition is the Z-car or Rx8, I think Honda definately has it in the bag. As for the a corvette or even a viper, I think this will definately turn more heads.

I also heard rumor of a possible v-8 version for the NSX. Not sure how I feel about that considering Honda's have always been based on smaller motors (kinda feels sorta domestic to me having a v-8 in a import). But the possibilities for horse power and torque is quite interesting.
That said though does anybody know what the engine output will be on the newly modified v6 for the hsc. I personally hope honda is able to boost its horse power and torque at least to stock level that is higher then the vspec skyline or supra tt. A 350 plus stock NSX I think personally, would leave alot gasping for air. But I doubt Japan road regulations allow for such a thing, but one can dream.