Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Is the 2005 NSX almost at our door already?

Old 10-18-2003, 06:20 PM
qtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by g2tegls
It says 360 Modena a little too much to me but i'd still drive it. I dunno about the back though. Spaceship? :ugh:
What part of it says 360 Modena? :thinking:
Old 10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

Originally posted by stiffcivic
... If this car's direct competition is the Z-car or Rx8, I think Honda definately has it in the bag. As for the a corvette or even a viper, I think this will definately turn more heads.

I also heard rumor of a possible v-8 version for the NSX. Not sure how I feel about that considering Honda's have always been based on smaller motors (kinda feels sorta domestic to me having a v-8 in a import)...
While I can understand, in a way, where you are coming from, I think it's a stretch to suggest that it's "domestic" of an import to have a V-8. Afterall, on one end of the spectrum toyota used it in the SC430 (430, right?), and well, on ther other end Ferrari (keep in mind, it still is an import), for heaven's sake, do I even need to go on? Also, for competition, I believe the NSX, or HSC, is and will be well beyond the 350Z and RX8. Car and driver gave the S2k a better overall rating in a head-to-head-to-head etc. comparision than the 350Z, and as for the RX8. well, it's currently "below" the NSX, so one can only assume the gap between it and the HSC will be even greater. While I did myself mention something about horsepower and corvettes, regardless whether or not the HSC will have more than the Z06, it is (NSX) and will be (HSC) forever a more dynamic and overall superior automobile than anything those bowtie hacks can come up with. If the hp numbers are in the 300s, I think it's safe to put the NSX in the 911TT class (if not higher up on the food chain), after all, the NSX has always been considered something of an exotic.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Moko

Originally posted by xFlipNotiKx
the sideview mirrors are small
Those aren't side mirrors. They're cameras. You see get video output of what's behind, on the sides from the inside of the car. I can't find the website I read it from, but believe me. Impractical never describes Honda.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Moko

Originally posted by qtiger
What part of it says 36 0 Modena? :thinking:
I agree. If it looks like any Ferrari, it can only be the Enzo from the side view. The front and rear are nothing like Ferrari. The front still says, "I'm a Honda!". As for the rear, I hope Honda doesn't change it too much. I know it's a radical design, but Honda's are known to look boring when compared to German cars, and other's. With regards to the super/subsupercar and sport car segments, out of a thousand reviews about most Honda cars will you find a handful of faithful Honda/Acura owners supporting their car companies. Concerning the side cameras, there's a chance that Honda might just use conventional side mirrors instead. I would prefer mirrors. They serve their purpose, and they add to the aesthetics of the car.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:57 PM
Moko

Originally posted by qtiger
What part of it says 36 0 Modena? :thinking:
I agree. If it looks like any Ferrari, it can only be the Enzo from the side view. The front and rear are nothing like Ferrari. The front still says, "I'm a Honda!". As for the rear, I hope Honda doesn't change it too much. I know it's a radical design, but Honda's are known to look boring when compared to German cars, and other's. With regards to the super/subsupercar and sport car segments, out of a thousand reviews about most Honda cars will you find a handful of faithful Honda/Acura owners supporting their car companies. Concerning the side cameras, there's a chance that Honda might just use conventional side mirrors instead. I would prefer mirrors. They serve their purpose, and they add to the aesthetics of the car. Convention show cars are always way more extravagant then the way they are when in production. Besides, I'd like Honda to do anything they can to keep the price around $90K w/o sacrificing the cost of looks and performance.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Moko

woops. I didn't realize that i posted twice. Sorry Moderator!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:01 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by stiffcivic
I also heard rumor of a possible v-8 version for the NSX. Not sure how I feel about that considering Honda's have always been based on smaller motors (kinda feels sorta domestic to me having a v-8 in a import). But the possibilities for horse power and torque is quite interesting.
That said though does anybody know what the engine output will be on the newly modified v6 for the hsc. I personally hope honda is able to boost its horse power and torque at least to stock level that is higher then the vspec skyline or supra tt. A 350 plus stock NSX I think personally, would leave alot gasping for air. But I doubt Japan road regulations allow for such a thing, but one can dream.
Check out the News and Rumors forum. We've had the V8 debate a couple times in the past (do a quick search) and the overwhelming concencus is that Honda will never produce a V8 outside of a racing application. The next NSX will undoubtedly be a V6, as will the next Legend.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:05 PM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

Even if the new NSX will make "only" 300hp, i still think honda well make a great drivable car. Imagine, how much more horsepower and torque that will be avaible at lower rpms. Plus, having a V6 instead of a V8 is a handling plus. Honda will mostlikely under-rate the output of the engine.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:39 PM
4thGenReady2Go
Throbbing Member

yeah but how much of a handling plus? If they were to use a v8, it wouldn't be some big a$$ block that some might think of when they think of a v-8, knowing Honda's tendencies, it'd probably be close to 4.0, and not much bigger. Considering that it would be a mid-mount engine, I don't see the handling suffering that much, especially considering all the research that went into the NSX (most of it which is probably being reused, or refined for the HSC)
Old 10-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Rawbeef
chillin

wow dope stuff