Notices

Type R Brakes

Old 05-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Highrpmek
FD3S dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type R Brakes

I own a 98 civic hb and plan on upgrading my brakes to type R's. HMO offers type R civic brakes for $1300 with 15" wheels. Are these wheels the 7 spoke style wheels. HMO also offers the ITR brakes with 16" wheels. Both are the 5x114.3 lug. Are the wheels for the ITR the 10 spokes style or the seven spoke. What do you guys suggest. What else do i need besides whats included in the kit. I would rather have the 16" wheel ITR kit but do i need to do anything extra to my car in order for them to fit. Thanks and hope someone can help. Ryan
Old 05-09-2003, 07:12 PM
rick
not noob?

umm you would at least need to convert the hub to a 5lug among other things.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Highrpmek
FD3S dreamer

okay thanks :screwy:
Old 05-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Highrpmek
FD3S dreamer

Is there anyone out there with useful advice
Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 AM
type_r_556

okay what they are offering you is not just a brake kit, it's the type r conversion, that is usually the going price, anywhere from 1100 to 1400 $ for the kit, it's the the conversion from the 4 lug to 5 lug, so it comes with everything, the brake calipers, the rotors, the control arms, the rims, the hub, even the shock, some parts that do not come with it, (like sometimes the rear control arm does not come with it) you can use your existing parts on your car, the regular 15 inch wheel is the one you see on the usdm type r's, and the 16 inch one is the one you see on cars in japan, personally i like the usdm ones, cause the jdm ones don't look as nice, they are bigger, but i don't like the way it looks, also the usdm ones are the ones that they use for the civic type r's in japan, either way your brake are going to be bigger, if your hatch doesn't have ABS which i'm pretty sure it doesn't, then you still won't have it with the type r brakes, but you'll be converting the rear from drum to disc, so that's a plus. All in all, the type r suspension is great, if you can get a better deal then try it, i know over here on the westcoast, i like in washington, so if i go to canada in vancouver they sell the whole swap for 1100$, but no need for me, cause i drive a type r, no need for the swap, hahaha, anywho, goodluck man, if you have any other questions hopefully i can help. peace

type_r_556
Old 05-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Highrpmek
FD3S dreamer

do u suggest getting the type r master cylinder. are the jdm type r wheels the 10 spoke wheels. will i need anything else that is not included in the kit thanks for ur response 556. peace
Old 05-16-2003, 02:34 PM
type_r_556

i think the civic brake master cylinder is sufficient enough, but sorry to say don't take my word for it, but i remember my friend did his and he didn't replace that, but as for effiency i'm not sure, yes the jdm are the ten spoke white wheels, all the wheels are white till you get to the 2000 and 2001 usdm itr. The kit should provide everything you need to do the swap, the only problem you might have is if you already have a suspension in your car, meaning lower springs and struts, when you do the rear of your car, you'll have to use your existing rear control arms which are a lot smaller than the itr. I don't know the numbers but you should contact some places that do the swap, like the place your buying it from or A&J racing in canada, vancouver, just look it up in Google.com, you'll see their website, but ask about the brake master cylinder. peace
Old 05-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Highrpmek
FD3S dreamer

I have yet to put suspension on my car. I have lowering springs on it now but i plan on gettin a tein setup either the super street or flex damper. Should I get it for my car or for an Integra since I am swapping in an ITR motor and puting on ITR brakes.