Thread: Type R Brakes
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 AM
type_r_556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay what they are offering you is not just a brake kit, it's the type r conversion, that is usually the going price, anywhere from 1100 to 1400 $ for the kit, it's the the conversion from the 4 lug to 5 lug, so it comes with everything, the brake calipers, the rotors, the control arms, the rims, the hub, even the shock, some parts that do not come with it, (like sometimes the rear control arm does not come with it) you can use your existing parts on your car, the regular 15 inch wheel is the one you see on the usdm type r's, and the 16 inch one is the one you see on cars in japan, personally i like the usdm ones, cause the jdm ones don't look as nice, they are bigger, but i don't like the way it looks, also the usdm ones are the ones that they use for the civic type r's in japan, either way your brake are going to be bigger, if your hatch doesn't have ABS which i'm pretty sure it doesn't, then you still won't have it with the type r brakes, but you'll be converting the rear from drum to disc, so that's a plus. All in all, the type r suspension is great, if you can get a better deal then try it, i know over here on the westcoast, i like in washington, so if i go to canada in vancouver they sell the whole swap for 1100$, but no need for me, cause i drive a type r, no need for the swap, hahaha, anywho, goodluck man, if you have any other questions hopefully i can help. peace

type_r_556