Notices

All Motor Ls--- B18B1 mods

Old 04-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Enigma_LS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Motor Ls--- B18B1 mods

**Before I get started, I am happy with the B18B1 motor how it is, and am not wishing to add vtec.**

My car is reasonably quick right now for an ls... I ran a 16.5 last summer, and since then I have added an act clutch and 12 lb. flywhee. I am guessing my car can run mid 15's as of now, but as always I want more power. Can someone tell me what I might wanna do to sup up my Ls without adding vtec.... Oh yah, and I want to stay all motor also.... Here are my current mods....

94' Integra Ls (B18B1) @ 80k miles

*skunk cat-back exhaust
*aem short ram intake
*DC 4-2-1 ceramic header
*Act stage 2 clutch
*ACT 12 lb. flywheel
*b&m Short shifter
*17" wheels on Kumho supras
*tein s. tech springs
*magnacore wires'

Thats probably all i have now that would affect the power of my car. I have done all maintenance and repairs needed including timing belt and all that important stuff....

My future plans include:

*aem v2 cai
*aem pulleys or unorthodox pulleys
*b&m fuel regulator
*strut and tie bars
*cams, and valve springs
*possible LSD's
*chip

Anyone out there have any tips on what I might wanna do to add some power and stay non-vtec and all motor.

Thanks for you time everyone, and feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions about my mods. @ SSCC_Integra@hotmail.com
Old 04-20-2003, 01:42 AM
dubcac
I

Ditch the Aem V2 and the pulleys.

Cams - Crower 404
Valvesprings/retainers - Crower
Factory honda LSD
ECU chip of your choice, they're all similar
Skunk2 Intake manifold
If you want to rev past 7500 rpm, you'll need some ARP rod bolts to go to 8k safely.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:18 AM
MikeR

i would address the cat as well, i had a problem with my factory being stopped up and i installed my test pipe(race pipe) and it took off, i've got a 95 ls pictured below, that i'm dropping another b18b1 in because of a little timing belt prob!!! you sound like your running good times for ls, i've never run 1/4 mile but turned high 9's on 1/8th mile, with aem f. reg.,dc 4-1 stainless hr, high flow cat,2.25 mid pipe, konig rear sec., venom inj, act street strip clutch, lightened flywheel, wr-throttle rotor, msd wires, on a mid to low compression(150,000 miles) b18b, should be a little better with my jdm replacement. i'd like to know what you find out!
http://ouw1sh.com/php/modules.php?op...orderby=titleA
Old 04-20-2003, 02:29 AM
Enigma_LS

Thanks guys for the help, i'll look into these options.

dubster why dont you think i should go with the aem v2 and the pulley's???

Ya my car runs pretty quick for and Ls. My friend has a 96 Ls with basically all the same mods except the clutch and flywheel. Not sure if i can really run mid to low 15's just an estimate. I have that gtech performance meter, and this is how i guessed that time.

Last summer before the clutch and flywheel i rand 16.5 at that track. When i tested the gtech i also ran 16.5
then when i did a 0-60 i ran about an 8.3, and after the clutch and flywheel, my 0-60 dropped to 7.1 which makes me assume if my 0-60 drops by a second, then my quarter mile must drop by at least a second. On top of that, i smoked one of those new si hatchbacks the other day, which makes me really happy. I think the Ls motor is great, and with a little work can drop into the high 14's which would be nice.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:36 AM
MikeR

i was pretty dumpy about mine but this bent valve deal(due to timing belt) might be a blessing, i'm pretty hopeful my replacment will turn up the power a little, and i dont know why not to go with the v2 and pulleys, i've heard good things about the v2 but if you've already got a decent intake any gain will probably be minimal, the only thing about the pully's that sketchs me out is the whole under drive thing! i.e. alt, i dont like screwing with my charge, as hard is it is to get to the alt, also on the underdrive crank pully's they usually dont have a rubber dampner which could wear pretty heavy on your crank, i'm teetering on the fence about pully's for mine!
Old 04-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Enigma_LS

Mike i dont think the pulleys would be a problem, i think the rubber damper problem might arise if you were to change the crank pulley but the aem ones should be fine, and would be a really easy job. The way i see it though if i could get maybe 5 horsepower out of pulleys and the v2, hey thats better than nothing, and if im gonna stay all motor and non-vtech than im gonna need every bit of power i can get.... Dont think there will be problems with the alternator either even though mine is already crap. sorry to hear you weren't too happy about your power, must be something out of tune.. I havent even tightened my valve yet, which probably will make it run a little better. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:54 AM
MikeR

i'm sorry, your correct the crank is the only one with the dampner, and you are correct every one counts. and yea i had low compression to account for my prob.s, yea these hondas are a valve dream as far as adjusting, mine has 170,000 on it and still close to specs, that was until the timing belt broke and folded #2 and #4 valves into origomy!
Old 04-20-2003, 03:03 AM
Enigma_LS

Ouch!! sorry to hear that mike, ya im changing my timing belt now before that happens. At least that gives you something work on and more things to replace. E-mail me with how your things are going, and maybe we can figure out where some of your power went. First thing i did when i got my car was a full tune-up, including oil, oil filter(go with the K&N) plugs wires and fuel filter. Not sure but someone told me that the difference between OBDI and OBDII makes a difference, but i think you have OBDI also. I do drive my car pretty hard though, all the power seems to be about 3k rpms, and im almost never below that hehe well, send me an e-mail with how things are going...
Old 04-20-2003, 10:12 AM
dubcac
I

In my experiences pulleys don't do anything but cause problems. You won't really gain anything going to an AEM v2 intake, so save the money and spend it on something else.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:09 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

Originally posted by dubster99
Ditch the Aem V2 and the pulleys.

Cams - Crower 404
Valvesprings/retainers - Crower
Factory honda LSD
ECU chip of your choice, they're all similar
Skunk2 Intake manifold
If you want to rev past 7500 rpm, you'll need some ARP rod bolts to go to 8k safely.