Notices

Look what I bought! hehe

Old 04-18-2003, 05:36 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, what a price you got it for. congrat's.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:36 AM
madlow

most likely a state trooper will have to visually inspect the car and issue you a new vin#. The only problem I could see is that it is RHD. I'm just guessing, but they may not like the idea of you driving on the right because it could be potentially dangerous. But good luck!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:30 AM
ur31337
Colby

Originally posted by 94civicEX
And you live in a emission strict state. Shouldn't be any different than bringing a car from Mexico or Canada :dunno:.
Why do you say that? We don't even have emissions right now,so :fawk:

I'm just thinking to when Motorex brings over skylines, there's a good bit of work to be done to make it crash test legal, etc. I figured that something similar might be in order for this car, although I hope I'm wrong.

Don't assume next time :fawk:
Old 04-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

We have talked to people in utah that have done it and it isn't hard.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 09:15 AM
DakarM

Originally posted by import-tooner
We have talked to people in utah that have done it and it isn't hard.

but you still have to meet all the federal emissions requirements as well as NHTSA safety requirements.

I was looking into importing a Lotus Elise in from the UK and it would have cost me over 8K just to make the car remotely close to meeting he federal safety standard.

Only licensed Registered Importers are allowed to make the modifications and they charge an arm and a leg.

"Motor vehicles not more than 25 years old must conform to the DOT motor vehicle safety standards that were in effect when these vehicles were manufactured. Passenger cars manufactured after September 1, 1973 must also meet bumper standards. The importer must file form DOT HS-7 at the time of entry, indicating whether the vehicle conforms to applicable safety and bumper standards. The original manufacturer is required to affix a label to the vehicle certifying that these standards have been met if the vehicle is intended for sale in the United States. Vehicles that do not bear a certification label attached by the original manufacturer must be entered as a nonconforming vehicle under a DOT bond for one and a half times the vehicle's dutiable value. This is in addition to the regular Customs entry bond."
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:09 AM
ur31337
Colby

Well, at least I know I wasn't talking out of my ass :thumbup:
Old 04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Ouch, I hope that we can do something to get past that Rick.

ur31337: Sorry .

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-18-2003, 10:21 AM
ur31337
Colby

Hey, no problem. I just wasn't sure if you guys were aware of that stuff. I'd read it before but wasn't in the know, per se.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:08 PM
94prelude_v-tec
Punk Rock

Originally posted by ur31337

I'm just thinking to when Motorex brings over skylines, there's a good bit of work to be done to make it crash test legal, etc. I figured that something similar might be in order for this car, although I hope I'm wrong.

Don't assume next time :fawk:

If you do any research on importing cars you will find out that legalizing a skyline is 10 times more expensive than any other car. I don't know why this is just what i read. So the ITR should be cheap.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:58 PM
DakarM

Originally posted by 94prelude_v-tec
If you do any research on importing cars you will find out that legalizing a skyline is 10 times more expensive than any other car. I don't know why this is just what i read. So the ITR should be cheap.

this is not true. Motorex just charges an arm and a leg.

not saying it's unreasonable just that they are the only ones who went through the trouble to be able to do it.

one of the reasons why it costs more for the skylines, is because they were never sold in the US.

I would imagine for the ITR, which was sold in the US it would be some what easier, but still costly. So getting the car for under 12K will definetly help offset the cost.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.