Notices

Zex Dry kit

Old 01-17-2003, 04:33 AM
OrangeHood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex Dry kit

I have a '00 integra LS, bolt ons include, DC Header (4-2-1), AEM CAI, GReddy Evo (cat-back), AEM Pulleys, blah blah blah...I am thinking on getting a Zex dry kit. The car has high miles (and I put everyone on her since new so I know the car has not been abused) but is strong (first time at the track, ever, last summer pulled 15.3 1/4 mile on 16s with street tires ) might need a clutch this year though . The miles are 90k. Is there anything I should do to the engine to make it handle the nitrous with this kind of mileage? I am not sure on the size of the kit (it will not be more than a 75 shot).
Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 AM
diskostew
DiskoStew don't advertise

If you are going to play with a dry kit make sure you install everything. Fuel pressure is KEY! I don't know if the ZEX kit has a fuel pressure shut off switch, if it doesen't get one. Then on the "shot" start low like 50 and then bump it up if you want more. I have a JG/Edelbrock dry kit and that is what I did. Also make sure you tune your car before you start with nitrous. make sure you change the fuel filter and air filter. You should be just fine. I am up to 80 "shot" in my car and it works great!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:41 AM
OrangeHood

What do you mean by "tune your car before you start with nitrous", like valve adjustment (or stuff like that), or just get a new fuel filter, clean the air filter...?
Old 01-17-2003, 07:01 AM
diskostew

you don't have to go as far as adjusting the valves. you want to change the fuel filter, clean the air filter, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. If you are going to use nitrous, it will increase fuel, and you will have to burn it. Also if you are going to install a dry kit. make sure you zip tie all of your vacuum lines so the don't pop off. Dry kits tie into the vacuum line that goes to the fuel rail to tell the car to increase the fuel to the injectors.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:32 AM
OrangeHood

what do you recommend to use in cleaning the cap and rotor? Also what about the tb (the tps can this be cleaned?)
Old 01-17-2003, 07:47 AM
diskostew

Sorry, I didn't mean clean the cap and rotor, I ment to write replace the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. That is a small price to pay to save your motor... I was trying to type and think... BAD IDEA Oh yea... if you got 90k on the motor. CHANGE that timing belt!!! you should do it even if you don't go with nitrous!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:37 AM
dubcac
I

1. NGK copper plugs, one heat range colder than stock, gapped at .030" BKR7E is the part#
2. Make sure your motor is in good working condition
3. If your clutch is already on it's way out, it won't last long on the nitrous.
4. Change that timing belt before it snaps and you need a new motor.
5. Go by the Zex directions and start at the 55 shot, and work your way up.
You don't really need a fuel pressure safety switch with the zex kit, since it regulates the pressure it adds according to the pressure of the nitrous. Tuning is the key, but it's not hard. A few degrees of retarded ignition timing on the 75 shot and you're good to go.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:54 AM
OrangeHood

I had the timing belt changed at 100,000km now the car has 144,000km. I think the timing belt should be alright for a while. Yeah the kit I am looking at retails for like $1500 (canadian) I am not sure what the kit includes, it is from a friend, of a friend of mine, I know it comes with the bottle heater, plugs (I think they are the Zex plugs - any comment on those dubster99), remote opener, etc...I am not 100% sure on eveything else it has (but is brand new, never installed)...Thanks for the advice guys, appreciated muchly.