Notices

***Spec R's first build thread ever!***

Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
You have disgusting friends! That car is a tragedy on the inside.

Why not look for some itr rears and rewrap the fronts?
grrrrr wait for the interior after shots first!

its hard to narrate the story all at once hahaha i'm compacting 4-5 months worth of content in the first few posts haha.

bekah and I were rather surprised at the condition of the car, but its understandable. Ryan gets like 2-3 hours of sleep a night, like 7 days a week. His BMW is rather upkept. Thats what lack of time does to a car.

Start shampooing the floor mats and carpet to see what we can get out of it...

not bad, but i'll probably still get brand new ones haha

nasty waste water from cleaner!

a few weeks later i got the replacement seats (sorry no complete pics yet) so time to get the carpet underneath the seats.

at that point i was like "man, i know down the line i'm gonna end up buying new carpet. this one is just fubar"

my friend had his old back seats and armrest sitting his garage so i bought them from him for a cheap price. little did i know, that integras had gray leather and black leather :wtf: anyway it was still an improvement.

You can see the SIR-G seat oooooooo

Last edited by Spec R; 11-06-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:19 PM
95SiR
hood rich

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

damn dood... u did a kickass job with the vacuuming :thumbup:
Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by 95SiR
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

damn dood... u did a kickass job with the vacuuming :thumbup:
thanks man, it was the first time i used the little green machine (from Bissell), and bekah did most of the work on the carpet that day hahaha.

Looking underneath here revealed many things:

-poor alarm wiring/install, the brain was literally dangling where my clutch foot is
-leaky ass clutch master cylinder - which explained the "chirping" sound when the clutch was disengaged (throwout bearing noise).

alright, more stuff on the to-do list: Have HT DB squad leader re-wire everything on the alarm / I have to buy new clutch master and slave cylinder, and remove pedal covers.

Alright time to remove old clutch master and slave

The car needed a lot of random parts:

You can see the Oh shoot handle all broken.

Missing right front fender liner - which reveals VIS coilovers on stock shocks. needless to say the ride quality was sub-par. i've ridden in far worse though. added to the to-do list: ITR springs/shocks/rear LCA's

Not pictured: particle board for trunk, 14" spare tire, jack and tools, front "A" emblem

So I went to Blue Motors and picked up the parts needed for cheap

I think by the time these pictures were taken, I had already done the cap+rotor+spark plugs+spark plug wires+fuel filter. I had also got 2 rebuilt axles installed but i didnt take pics of any those installs. No big deal anyway.

The lighting at night (since I work graveyard, lighting is crucial) was abysmal. I had to do something about it, so I bought these...and gasp...a plug and play HID kit from an evo friend for cheap. HID retrofit shall come eventually, but too many other issues to take care of first.

hella jdm, with hella jdm price

so they came in and damn it, turns out the part of the lower bumper cover they attach to have been cut out by Ryan or someone else. I made a thread about it.
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...662&highlight=

Last edited by Spec R; 11-06-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Spec R

update: I've made up my mind with situation...pics should be up soon within my build thread
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

got any plans for it or will it stay stock? I like that color. What the name of it?
Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

you get shit done quick bro haha, i agree with the dirty interior, i cannot stand it, my stepdad told me my car was too clean so when we drove from maryland to nebraska, he had peanuts, HE PUT SHELLS ALL OVER MY FLOOR, i was so mad, cleaned it ASAP though, keep it up dude, i wanna detail my engine then the car will be CRISP! haha

Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by HatchVX
got any plans for it or will it stay stock? I like that color. What the name of it?
Given the car's mileage and the fact that its an integra living in Los Angeles (eventual theft), any unnecessary funding thrown at this car would sort of be a waste of money. shoot, even the money i've thrown into the project seems kind of wasted already, but its fun "restoring" a car. granted its not one of those "car was found at the bottom of a lake" kind of restores, but its one of the more extensive projects I've gotten myself into. I've done what I can with the security of the car, but if a thief wants it, he'll get it.

the color is R93-P Matador Red Pearl. it was a 96-97 only color.

Originally Posted by Khazzy
you get shit done quick bro haha, i agree with the dirty interior, i cannot stand it, my stepdad told me my car was too clean so when we drove from maryland to nebraska, he had peanuts, HE PUT SHELLS ALL OVER MY FLOOR, i was so mad, cleaned it ASAP though, keep it up dude, i wanna detail my engine then the car will be CRISP! haha

damn thats nasty hahaha. what do you use to detail your bays?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I didn't know it was an 'in progress' thread h:.

Looks like a good time if you have the time/money to do it. My master cylinder is leaking too, not so sure what to do about it, I just keep putting more fluid in h:. I'd probably want to replace the slave at the same time too, right?

duck squad member #00003
Old 10-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by 94civicEX
I didn't know it was an 'in progress' thread h:.

Looks like a good time if you have the time/money to do it. My master cylinder is leaking too, not so sure what to do about it, I just keep putting more fluid in h:. I'd probably want to replace the slave at the same time too, right?
yep replace em at the same time. get it done soon, its not good for your transmission and clutch if the clutch master and slave are not completely disengaging the clutch.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used simple green to clean out my engine bay in the old shitbrick (volvo) with stunning results. Lemme see if I can find a pic.

:edit:https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...le+green<br />

Last edited by white_n_slow; 10-22-2008 at 12:19 PM.