Notices

difference between JDM itr and USDM

Old 10-20-2006, 02:42 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
you obviously have no clue. honestly.
you're a dick. i really dont even want your opinion anymore. I'm not gonna change my mind about whether or not to turbo. Why dont u just turbo your car and forget about this thread. it has nothing to do with a turbo.
Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
A turbo setup for a GSR will cost alot less than $4000. If you peice a kit together, your looking at 1500 - 2000. FI is the absolute best bang for your dollar, end of story. Proven time and time again. And can be completely reliable if you tune it properly.

If you insist on the ITR motor, then just buy it. The B18c5 is a great engine, and an enginering marvel IMO. Just highly over priced because of all the hype. Aftermarket cams will deffinately give you a bit more power, but dont forget to figure in the cost of tunning. Probably another $500, on a conservative street tune. And the cost if upgraded valve springs & retainers to support the higher rev's. And to take full advantage if the higher lift, you'll need to raise the compression a bit. And I deffinately do not recomend pulling the head of a perfectly good ITR, to install a thin head gasket.

I bet after you spend $1500 + on mods for that ITR, you will be dissapointed. You'll hardly notice 20 +/- HP.

When its all said and done, your the one who has to look at it everyday, so do whatever you desire.
i think i'll be fine without doing all of that. i was planning on mild cams. thats all i really wanted to replace from the head. i wouldnt be tearing it all apart, that would be pointless. thats why im spending the extra money for a b18c5. so that the engine will produce more power without me tearing it apart. and so that i'll get 13's without fucking with a $4000 turbo kit.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:44 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

Originally Posted by sherwood
you obviously have no clue. honestly.
do u have a turbo on your car????? let me see your car. what are your plans?! PM me. i'll tell you why everything u wanna do is retarded. u should just put nitrous on your car. it's cheaper then turbo and can be very reliable. u only need to spray when u feel like it. just spray it. you're so stupid if u wanna turbo a honda motor. Spray is the best. u obviously have no experience with hondas.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Okay, this thread has run out of gas...

:closed:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!