Notices

!Put this suspension puzzle together! ITR strut, CRX LCA, and sway bar?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !Put this suspension puzzle together! ITR strut, CRX LCA, and sway bar?

I have a 91 Integra LS. I'd like to upgrade my rear sway bar. A Type R sway bar is a cheap way to do this.

However, I have also already purchased Koni Yellow Type R rear struts and 88 CRX LCA's so that I can install them.

My question is, now that I'm changing the LCA's, will other integra sway bars, such as Type R, GSR, or Suspension Techniques for my DA, etc., still "bolt on", or will I need further mod?

I understand I need to reinforce the body where the new larger sway bar bolts on so no need to cover that.

Thanks for clearing this up! If you can.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Are you sure the Type R and GSR sway bars bolt on the DA regardless?

Check the hole location for the end links on both of the LCA's and if they match, the Suspension Techniques bar will bolt on like normal.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:59 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

My research has led me to believe so, ITR and GSR bolt on. I'll check the bolt holes for my stock LCA's and the 88 CRX LCA's. If they match, I'm okay.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:24 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

I went outside today and compared my stock Integra LCA's (still on the car) with the 88 CRX LCA's. Although the design is different, how the strut bolts on, everything else is the same, all of the holes are the same, AND the length is the same. In other words, I could put my ITR struts and 88 CRX LCA's on right now and leave the stock sway bar and everything would line up and "bolt on" just fine.

However, to put the ITR rear sway bar on, I would need to drill holes in the undercarriage for the mounting brackets and also reinforce the undercarriage, BUT, it would connect to the 88 CRX LCA's just fine via sway bar endlinks (I also purchased ITR endlinks). No mods to the sway bar, endlinks, or LCA's would be required, just the drilling for the mounting brackets.

Since I don't really want to do that I'm just going to buy an aftermarket sway bar that does "bolt on" and doesn't require drilling, of course, it costs three times more, but, no drilling!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:54 AM
g290ls
they call me tater salad

gl with whatever you do....