Notices

D2 Racing Coilovers-Opinions

Old 01-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter how much he wants to spend, it is a good idea to lead him away from the shit so that he doesn't end up changing it out for something he should have bought in the first place.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:42 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by sirg-vtec
:werd:

Full of opinions...

Which are not related to the topic. Dude ask about D2 coilovers and not about brand x, y, z.

BTW, Schmoo, the factor that determine which setup is the best for a person is the amount of money that they are willing to spend. Apparently, he doesn't want to spend $ 1000+ on coilovers. So the best for him may be D2, Ksport, omni, megan, or any other adjustable full coilovers.
All I was doing was clarifying some misinformation, that's all. True coils being better than a shock/spring combo or coilover sleeves is pure fact, not opinion. Besides, he did ask about D2 coils...didn't I answer his question? Pipe the fuck down.

Originally Posted by honura
Yeah your right! Tien,omni are good. But Im almost 99.9% sure he ment some ebay crap type coilovers.
Actually they are not some ebay crap type coilovers.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

I would choose D2 over omni's any day, as you never know when the next set of omni's are going to have breaking in half problems, or busing problems... ( and I no fan of D2 either however they have not had nearly the quality problems that omni has had.)

As far a Threaded Sleeve's VS Threaded Bodied Shocks, there both do the same thing it really comes down to how the shock performs, most threaded bodied shocks give you some pre-load settings and maybe the ability to shorten the shock body but neither is that big of a deal. Having seen the shock dyno of omin's lower end tiens and other "JDM" threaded bodied shock, they pretty shitty shocks, very linear with very little real adjustment when compared to Koni Yellows. If you go to your local scca/nasa race weekend the majority of those guys are running Koni's with Ground controls. I would put a standard Koni Yellow with ground controls up against most of "JDM" threaded bodied shocks and beat them hands down, unilt you start to get up into the 2000+ range of threaded bodied shocks. For how they perform, Koni Yellows are the best value out there.

Of course do you really need Threaded bodied shocks or sleeves for what you are doing? In all honesty for a person who is only going to be driving on the street and is looking to lower the car for looks and a little better handling a good set of shocks and lowering springs will be fine. The ride will still be good, and the handling better, plus the car is lowered sounds like the best solution to me.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
junmitech

I'm looking for GREAT handling characteristics, adjustable damper and ride height adjustability. Budget is bang for the buck, $1500 tops it out.Thanks for the feebback guys. Didn't mean to stip anything up.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

For around 1500, I'll find a couple more hundred and I would get myself some Zeal Functions S6.
http://www.endlessusa.com/
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1411451 have them for 1660.
Now those are hot.

tein JDM bandwagon; I would go for tein flex. around 1200 and with the 300 left over you could get the edfc.
www.tein.com

Those would be my two choices. Actually they were my two choices. I was in the same dilemma but I ended up buying.... gc/koni. Don't ask my why. I just did.

Just my .02.
P.S. One thing you could do is use the search function and do some research.

Last edited by sirg-vtec; 01-11-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Originally Posted by junmitech
I'm looking for GREAT handling characteristics, adjustable damper and ride height adjustability. Budget is bang for the buck, $1500 tops it out.Thanks for the feebback guys. Didn't mean to stip anything up.
For that amount you could easily get a set of Koni Yellows and Ground Controls.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:48 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

Originally Posted by Solracer
For that amount you could easily get a set of Koni Yellows and Ground Controls.
You forgot to mention top hats.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
iownzadc2
Type-DC2

ZEALS are pretty good but expensive on that endless site or whatever youc all it...hondatech is cheaper...Teins are good coilovers too...Tein Basic Dampers..
Old 01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

Originally Posted by iownzadc2
ZEALS are pretty good but expensive on that endless site or whatever youc all it...hondatech is cheaper...Teins are good coilovers too...Tein Basic Dampers..
He wants a full adjustable coilover and tein basic isn't "full adjustable" just ride height adjustable. A step up from basics are super street which are rebound adjustable and ride height adjustable. I chime in on this thread too much. Later .
Old 01-11-2006, 10:04 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

ground control uses Eibach racing spring. And it makes you a balla!