Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   D2 Racing Coilovers-Opinions (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/220201-d2-racing-coilovers-opinions.html)

junmitech 01-10-2006 12:33 PM

D2 Racing Coilovers-Opinions

Wanted to know if you all have heard of the above coilovers? Any thoughts? I'm considering them since I need to replace the shocks that came with the car when I bought it 4 mos ago. Thanks!

honura 01-10-2006 12:34 PM

Go with springs. Coil overs suck.

tegbooster 01-10-2006 03:29 PM

^ second that... a set of good springs (eibach, tein) and a nice set of stiff shocks (KYB, Tokico) and you should be golden ... and a couple $ richer

dubcac 01-10-2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by honura
Go with springs. Coil overs suck.

Are you kidding me? Coilover sleeves (aka adjustable springs) like skunk2 and GC suck. True coilovers like Tein/JIC/Omnipower are better than a spring/shock combo. As for the D2 coilovers, I've heard that they're not very good. Omnipower makes good coilovers, but the shocks are non adjustable...however, they were supposed to release an adjustable shock version. I'd look into the entry level teins.

sirg-vtec 01-10-2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by dubcac
Are you kidding me? Coilover sleeves (aka adjustable springs) like skunk2 and GC suck. True coilovers like Tein/JIC/Omnipower are better than a spring/shock combo. As for the D2 coilovers, I've heard that they're not very good. Omnipower makes good coilovers, but the shocks are non adjustable...however, they were supposed to release an adjustable shock version. I'd look into the entry level teins.

Please tell me that you're being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Provocateur 01-10-2006 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by sirg-vtec

No, he isn't. Since you seem to know what is best, please enlighten us. :rolleyes:

dubcac 01-10-2006 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by sirg-vtec

If I'm wrong, then why do the JGTC and other race series cars use a true coilover setup instead of shock/spring combos? Seriously, do some homework before you make comments.

tegbooster 01-11-2006 01:58 AM

IBdaveclosesthisshit

honura 01-11-2006 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by dubcac
If I'm wrong, then why do the JGTC and other race series cars use a true coilover setup instead of shock/spring combos? Seriously, do some homework before you make comments.

Yeah your right! Tien,omni are good. But Im almost 99.9% sure he ment some ebay crap type coilovers.

sirg-vtec 01-11-2006 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by tegbooster
IBdaveclosesthisshit

:werd:

Full of opinions...

Which are not related to the topic. Dude ask about D2 coilovers and not about brand x, y, z.

BTW, Schmoo, the factor that determine which setup is the best for a person is the amount of money that they are willing to spend. Apparently, he doesn't want to spend $ 1000+ on coilovers. So the best for him may be D2, Ksport, omni, megan, or any other adjustable full coilovers.