Notices

Radial Pull on tires

Old 11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radial Pull on tires

Here is my problem:

I had a long story of events but i editied it. i'm lowered on ebibach sportline 1.8' and koni adjustable yellows. Now... i need a camber kit but my alignment is only slightly off. I plan on getting the kit once i'm more economically prepared.

1. Replaced my torque mounts, brakes and v-belts.
2. As i was trying to replace my torque mounts, i had to drive around looking for the actual mounts and the bolt (seized in there, Junk yarded it).

3. now i bougtht new tires (cheap and crappy, i know bad idea but i need something to be on there until my semester is over).

4. The car now pulls to right very hard, so i figured all those times i drove around without my torque mounts caused my alignment to be messed up. So i go and get it aligned at a shop.

5. got the alignment and it still pulls very hard to the right.

6. it's been a week now and i have the two shops argueing that it's the other guy's fault.

alignment shop says that it's the tires fault and i'm getting a radial pull to the right. So we swapped the tires and now the car pulls to the left. Sounds like the tires does it not?

Tires shop (also a motorshop) says because if the reverse rotation of the tires (when we swapped the tires, we just flipped it) that's what causes the tires to pull left.

after a few days of the shops argueing... the tire shop then decides "fine we'll give you a new tire." they replaced the right side tire. I drive to my college and it still pulls to the right. I got o inspect the tire and one is 44max psi and the other is 36 max psi. SO I HAVE TWO different tires.

I am so god damm frustrated. Any idea on what my problem is? I paid $300 bucks to have nothing but the same problems?

Juggling work and school. This problem has been a very stressful ordeal, So what's my problem. I am leaning on this shop giving my bad tires that causes a radial pull.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:47 AM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

I'd say, if you can, junk all the tires, and get all 4 new ones. If you need to just get by until the end of the semester, you can get a set of 4 tires for like $100, plus installation, which shouldn't be much.

As i see it, it's a huge mess that nobody wants to properly deal with, and you're gonna keep getting pushed around until you put your foot down and make one of the shops fix it. They're the ones who fuxed up with your tires, giving you incorrectly matched tires, and they're the cause of your pulling problem.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Phateless
S2K compatible

find a local honda dealer with a good certified used car program. certified cars are required to have at least 80% tread, meaning perfectly good tires get tossed all the time. there's an endless supply of free 195/60/15 potenzas in the back. check it out. that's how i get all my tires! don't ask them tho, just walk around to the back. it definitely sounds like tires to me.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

Maybe the people at the tire shop are flippin idiots?

If they're giving two diff. tires with diff. PSI ratings, then chances are they're also lazy/stupid enough to not pay attention to giving you... say, one normal tire, and one directional tire that's on backwards? Etc??

I'd try my best to get your money back or something because it sounds like they tried to fuck you in the first place....

for $300, you wouldn't have been far off from a decent set of ES100's or something anyways...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

I paid $170 for two tires, and 109 for an alignment i didn't need.

i'm gonna go back today and complain.

*edit* i went back and they gave me two new tires and it still pulls. I'm just gonna get a skunk2 camber kit, install it myself. and get that thing re-aligned, What a waste of money i just did.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

i say have another tire shop do a free inspection and see what they come up with...