Notices

Gsr all over the road on breaking???

Old 06-28-2005, 04:25 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and thats why there are tolerances for rotor thickness on each vehicle that are observed...and if ur sayin only resurface when necessary as in doing pad swaps and not touching rotors if they "look fine" then thats the worst thing you can do...because ur pads will not sit correctly against your rotors causing the same problem as before as well as abnormal and increased pad wear...the general rule of thumb is two resurfaces per rotor as long as its normal wear then its time to junk them and put new ones on it
Old 06-28-2005, 04:53 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by rebeld
and thats why there are tolerances for rotor thickness on each vehicle that are observed...and if ur sayin only resurface when necessary as in doing pad swaps and not touching rotors if they "look fine" then thats the worst thing you can do...because ur pads will not sit correctly against your rotors causing the same problem as before as well as abnormal and increased pad wear...the general rule of thumb is two resurfaces per rotor as long as its normal wear then its time to junk them and put new ones on it
We're in complete agreement.

All I'm saying is don't resurface capriciously... because you just might cross that minimum thickness threshold.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:55 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

But getting back to the question... I've got a feeling that there's slop in the tie rods, creating a wide variance in toe under braking.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:56 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

oh exactly...i def agree its dangerous to go past a certain point on rotors.....if u think ur even close to that tolerance its a good idea to just junk them rather than get to close and no longer have a safe and effective rotor
Old 06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Getting back to the topic....

Old 06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
foot

If it is diving extremely hard when braking there would have to be some SERIOUS play in the suspension/steering components. The quirky part is the patternless symptom. Sometimes dives right, sometimes dives left. Have you put the car up in the air and did an inspection yet?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:02 AM
integratuner55

No doubt about it, it's your rotors or wheel allignment. Mine used to do that too, but i got em fixed. and dont forget when you get new brakes on your car, you push them easily for the first like 100 miles or so. You gotta wear them in.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:11 PM
95tegRS

I went to my local brake shop, they quoted me $10 for each rotor to resurface. a new rotor cost me $25. resurfaced rotors are prone to warp. specially on our cars where the rotors are small to begin with. If it was a GM 1/2 ton pickup id reconsider resurfacing.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:13 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

ok, car has NEW rotors...brand new pads as well. Alignment done, and it STILL does this. Yes car was in the air to change a control arm also. Im givving up though, selling my baby.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:57 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Aight, well i went to the auto body shop today to get a estimate on the rear. The front for that drifting and the twitching said it could be the struts? think thats possible?