Notices

more boost on turbo integra type r

Old 04-07-2005, 08:25 AM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
What'st the difference in block between the B18C1 and B18C5 other than the stamp?

true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
newgsrdriver

Drive a stock ITR. Then drive a turbo ITR.

Then you'll know why its a good idea to change such a "beautiful machine" ie slow pig
Old 04-07-2005, 09:39 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
Drive a stock ITR. Then drive a turbo ITR.

Then you'll know why its a good idea to change such a "beautiful machine" ie slow pig
:werd:

The internet has made boosting an ITR taboo for some reason. With the right tuning you can make them so very nice and quite safe.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
dubcac
I

So many people automatically think high compression and boost is a bad combination. It's a great combination, granted it can be tuned. You'll need something better than the crappy greddy fuel management, IE hondata/AEM. As for the 2.1 block, there's no need. Unless you want to run some serious boost, there's no reason to rebuild your motor.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
guessinthe2000

So many people automatically think high compression and boost is a bad combination. It's a great combination, granted it can be tuned. You'll need something better than the crappy greddy fuel management, IE hondata/AEM. As for the 2.1 block, there's no need. Unless you want to run some serious boost, there's no reason to rebuild your motor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------The thing about the e-manage is that it came free with da turbo, i'm thinking about running an apexi power fc. I really want to run some serious boost. To me, is just not so nice to run a turbo type r with high compression. I can't over rev for long or downshift, since the pistons can hit the valves. Is not so bad to turbo a type r. I know for sure that hks and top secret have done it. Why not be one of the few that have a turbo type r? Not only do you have a type r but is turbo too. I was told that the type r is made for it to be run N/A, but when I came to choose N/A or turbo I thought about all the cars that are turbocharged and how they rape N/A cars. Don't get me wrong N/As are nice and really reliable, but that is not what you are looking to be (reliable and nice) when you are in the import scene. You want to be better than the car next to you. I really appreciate your opinion and I do respect N/A engines...