Notices

more boost on turbo integra type r

Old 04-06-2005, 12:17 AM
guessinthe2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more boost on turbo integra type r

I just got my type r turbo charged with a greddy ls/rs turbokit. The fuel map was modified to fit my integra. Right now I can only boost 5 lbs, since is a type r with high compression. If I run anything higher my engine can blow. I can't run any more lbs of boost unless I get lower compression pistons/rods. Since I'm spending the money to do that, I asked the guys at the shop what else should I do? They said that I should also get a racing block, which will transform my car into a 2.1. They said everything will run me about 4,000. I really want to do that so I can start boosting up and stop worrying about my engine blowing up. What would you guys recommend? And does anyone know who sells this kit (pistons/rods/racing block)? If so, do you know of anyone that sells it for cheap? I've heard JE pistons/rods are the best, so I don't know. Anything helps, thanks!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 AM
EK hatch
I hate ricers

I'd say go for it. While you might be spending $4000, you gonna be killing two birds with one stone. Getting the racing block will raise the stock 1.8 to a 2.1 is awesome, and then getting the lower compression piston/rods will help out so you can run on more lbs of boost.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 AM
newgsrdriver

I would recommend you do some research yourself and dont listen to those guys. Find out what other people are making with their setups, find out how to make it, and go from there. Stock motors can take a lot of power (as much as needed on the street, really).

I never see a reason to swap out or rebuild a healthy motor on a street driven car. When it goes, it goes, take care of it. Until then, you can make plenty of power.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:31 AM
slvrteg
big boys toys

Leave the type R alone, there are too few of them, and build and boost an LS or something or lesser stature.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
I would recommend you do some research yourself and dont listen to those guys. Find out what other people are making with their setups, find out how to make it, and go from there. Stock motors can take a lot of power (as much as needed on the street, really).
:werd:

jumping into a project like this without knowing anything involved is how people get ripped off.

you can boost more than 5psi if your tuning is good. and you can have your block built for much cheaper than that.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 PM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

yep block guard sleeves lower comp pistons better tunning
should be able to run at least 7-8 psi daily
Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
jr_kbad

2.1 has some awfullying thin walls. I'd recommend a 2.0 bore. You can achieve 500+ HP with a 2.0 block.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:27 AM
newgsrdriver

You can achieve TONS on a 1.8.

You also can run 7-8 daily on a stock motor, especially running that tiny 18g.

And stature?!?! Its a Honda man.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:37 AM
slvrteg
big boys toys

i say the LS is of lesser stature because they are more common then a type R and have lower performance. TypeR is rare and should be treated as so. Seems a shame to take such a beautifully engineered machine and change it. just my opinion though.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slvrteg
i say the LS is of lesser stature because they are more common then a type R and have lower performance. TypeR is rare and should be treated as so. Seems a shame to take such a beautifully engineered machine and change it. just my opinion though.
What'st the difference in block between the B18C1 and B18C5 other than the stamp?