Notices

started turbo up, bad sputtering

Old 03-28-2005, 05:01 PM
RboYi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default started turbo up, bad sputtering

ok guys something is really messed up on my car. it sputters really really bad and wont really go above 3k rpms, engine, exhaust shakes pretty bad

question 1: where does the little vacuum nose on the actuator go on the turbo manifold?
question 2: my blue box only blinked once when i initially started it up, then it stopped, no light, would it be my map qsensor (no CEL)
question 3: how do i tell if my turbo is getting oil, because my oil return line doesnt seem to be hot.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

1. The vaccum hose should be t-ed off to the hose on the fuel pressure regulator and connected to the internal wastegate on the turbo.

2. No CEL? That is strange. When I first started my car, it did the same thing but turns out the harness wasn't plugged into the blue box. Sounds like the MAP sensor is going apeshit on you.

3. Did you run it long enough to get hot? The hose is pretty thick, so it is hard to tell unless you have been driving around a bit. As long as the oil pressure looks good, you tapped it in the right spot, and there are no leaks, it should be fine.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:56 PM
dubcac
I

You can disconnect the oil return line and route it to a drain pan...start it for a second and see if oil comes out.

Fix your vacuum problem first and see if that helps.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:01 PM
honura
Seni

Ohh man here come the problems. I hope everything on mine is good. Yeah take your Return line and slap it on a pan or tub like he said.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:24 AM
RboYi

ok guys, i rewired my ECU, afterall it was the complete opposite way it was shown to be.. so the car starts up as normal, smoothe, but when i rev it, the car suddenly dies.

im still confused about the vacuum line, where can i get the little T's for it, and i don't know exactly where it goes, about how big is the fuel pressure regular hose??
Old 03-29-2005, 02:59 PM
dubcac
I

Is the CEL on? It seems to me like the ECU is seeing boost when you rev it, or you still have a wiring problem. As for vacuum t-fittings, you should be able to get them at any performance shop.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You should have gotten a tee with the turbo kit. They are available at any auto parts store. The hose you splice is coming off the top of the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:44 PM
RboYi

ok guys i hooked the actuator up along with a boost guage to my FPR and the car dies after about 5 seconds of idling. what the hell is going on, the FMU blinks, the boost gauge goes to -18 vacuum, is there a vacuum leak?
Old 03-29-2005, 05:48 PM
RboYi

for the map sensor wire we used the wire clamps to connect the green wire to the ECU harness then connect the white wire to it, is this the correct way to do it?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The map sensor wire needs to be cut completely and have one of the wires going to the MAP sensor and one going to the ECU. I don't know which goes where right now and I am too lazy to walk downstairs to find my turbo installation guide.