Notices

Overfilling gas tank

Old 12-03-2002, 12:29 PM
cvc2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldn't cause any problem except adding more weights :-(
You'll never catch me with a full tank of gas unless I go on a roadtrip.. hehe
I don't know how integras are, but I can definitely feel a big difference in handling between a full vs 1/4 tank of gas w/ my civic.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Deagle
Nüb

Yeah, I get that too with my Integra. When I'm down to about 1/4 tank I can really fly. Still I hate it even when the tank drops below 3/4.

I have no idea why anyone would think that overfilling the gas tank would do any harm. All you're doing is spilling gas.

Has anyone noticed with their Integra that they have significant power loss when getting low on gas? I think it's the pressure build up because when I open the cap and then I go on driving the car feels way better. Is this normal or do I have a weak fuel pump?

I've also heard that it's not good to have your tank low for too long because you end up getting water vapor building up inside.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Method Man II

ok sorry to interrupt the flow of APC commercials here, but my gas light has never come on before--do i need to drive it completely down to the last bold white line before it will or what?
Old 12-05-2002, 06:50 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Usually it comes on when you have about three gallons left in the tank.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Method Man II

...which is how far from the last white notch? cause ive driven my **** all the way there and its NEVER come on
Old 12-06-2002, 04:38 AM
XSrcing

Originally posted by Method Man II
...which is how far from the last white notch? cause ive driven my **** all the way there and its NEVER come on
ummm...you have three gallons left when you are on the last notch. or at least that is how it has been with every integra i have been in. i constantly drove my car till it the indicator was completely below the last mark.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:44 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Originally posted by Method Man II
Have you ever run out of gas? If you're really curious you should try it (at the last notch, drive in circles around a gas station) and see if the light turns on. Maybe it's busted ? Hehe

Shingo
Old 12-06-2002, 10:47 AM
cvc2k

I like my gas tank test better..... Take a corner relatively hard to the right and see if the tank light will come on :-) If it doesn't then it's still good. hahaa
Old 12-06-2002, 12:36 PM
jclau00

Originally posted by Shingoblade-GSR
Have you ever run out of gas? If you're really curious you should try it (at the last notch, drive in circles around a gas station) and see if the light turns on. Maybe it's busted ? Hehe

Shingo
or just park your car next to a pump, turn on your A/C and rev the shiet outta your car. that way, you won't have to push the car if it dies halfway around the block.

usually my gas light starts flickering at 9 gallons. it stays on permanently at 11 gallons. by that point, the needle is below E.