Notices

brakes on a '94 RS

Old 08-07-2002, 09:22 AM
gutmoburb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes on a '94 RS

Hey all,

I'm new to the board and have been reading all your posts involving brakes. I recently replaced the front rotors and pads on my '94 integra with 'god knows what brand' parts at a local muffler shop. Big mistake... as they have consequently warped, been resurfaced, and warped again. I think they are warping even as I type this... So having learned my lesson, I've decided to replace them with good parts, and I think I will probably go with the Brembo rotors. All that being said, I wonder if anyone could advise on a few other issues. Firstly, does anyone have any recommendations for new pads. I have seen several posts supporting AEM pads, but for some reason, they do not make them for '94 RS's. I've also seen people reccomend the Hawk HP pads, but am a little concerned that they will be too aggressive and cause me to have to deal with the whole rotor problem again. Performance does matter, but longevity is equally important to me. Also, does anyone know if the '94 is the only model with rear drum brakes? And does anyone have any recommendations for drums/pads on the rear?

Thanks in advance for you advice....

Gutmoburb
Old 08-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Taiwanze7

If you do get some good rotors like Brembo, they'll have a higher heat tolerance and are less prone to warp.... I current have PBR MetalMaster's w/ brembos, and the work fine.... if you're really worried you can always go back to stock pads
Old 08-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Louse76
Team Teg Project Car

My '94 RS doesn't have rear drum brakes... someone swapped them out on you or you're smoking something...
Old 08-07-2002, 07:58 PM
StyleTEG
Make me an offer

I just put Axxis Ultimates on my teg, really like them. From what I read they are pretty much the best compramise between street and autoX performance.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:56 PM
coil222

Originally posted by Louse76
My '94 RS doesn't have rear drum brakes... someone swapped them out on you or you're smoking something...

Ditto. h:
Old 08-08-2002, 03:47 AM
gutmoburb

I am smoking something... what was I thinking! Those are definately not drums brakes on the rear and you all are absolutely right. I went out last night and took a look myself... of course, why the mechanic thinks they are drum brakes is another story, but for now, another reason to stop trusting mechanics! Or at least pay attention to what's in my car for chrissakes.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:57 AM
95acurals
How do I change this?

I have the hawk hp pads and brembo rotors and I love them. I haven't had any problems with them. Plus you can get a good deal at www.collettimotorsports.com Check it out.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:10 AM
Louse76
Team Teg Project Car

Old 11-14-2002, 03:28 AM
Vince
*Uncle Ben's best friend*

Does anyone know if Ractive drilled and slotted rotors are any good?
Old 11-14-2002, 03:41 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I tend to not buy anything with the names Ractive, Arospeed or APC on them. You don't need holes or slots on your rotors if you're just using them on the street, they won't do anything to help.

Also there's no such thing as a Hawk HP pad. They make HPS (street) and HP+ (street/track) pads. HPS are very nice for street use.

Quick Reply: brakes on a '94 RS