View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 09:22 AM
gutmoburb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes on a '94 RS

Hey all,

I'm new to the board and have been reading all your posts involving brakes. I recently replaced the front rotors and pads on my '94 integra with 'god knows what brand' parts at a local muffler shop. Big mistake... as they have consequently warped, been resurfaced, and warped again. I think they are warping even as I type this... So having learned my lesson, I've decided to replace them with good parts, and I think I will probably go with the Brembo rotors. All that being said, I wonder if anyone could advise on a few other issues. Firstly, does anyone have any recommendations for new pads. I have seen several posts supporting AEM pads, but for some reason, they do not make them for '94 RS's. I've also seen people reccomend the Hawk HP pads, but am a little concerned that they will be too aggressive and cause me to have to deal with the whole rotor problem again. Performance does matter, but longevity is equally important to me. Also, does anyone know if the '94 is the only model with rear drum brakes? And does anyone have any recommendations for drums/pads on the rear?

Thanks in advance for you advice....

Gutmoburb