Notices

More CEL fun...HELP

Old 04-05-2004, 06:49 PM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More CEL fun...HELP

Ok, the guy i bought this teg from told me that somtimes he would get code 43, so i changed the O2 sensor hoping it would fix it, but now i have changed it and it came back again today... was going about 60 mph cruising and BAM thar she blows...

Some history...

Ok well i noticed the car ran great, like never before after i had it installed, and today (the next day) the car seemed to hesitate below 3k...once it hit 3k it would throw ur head back though And after about an hour of the car acting like this the CEL comes on, once again code 43...

The guy i bought the car from RARELY got this code, and i never got it before i changed it (about a month) and not once got it...and now this...

Some other posibilities??

Well the assortment of vacum lines, the ones that connect to the fuel pressure reg. and stuff, is just kinda hanging there, they are all connected and as far as i can tell are working fine, i did not check for a vacum though, since i didnt know if taking one off would mess somthing up...Also tryed to check my PCV valve, or whatever it is that thing on top of the vavle cover, and i heard you are suposed to sqeeze it and listen for ticking, but since the tube is so stiff i cant sqeeze it lol...

So since its CEL 43 (fuel management system) what else could be wrong??

I checked the O2 with a voltmeter and it did read voltage, it was ALL over the place though, even on idle it went from .2-.9 and somtimes it would stay at .2 other times stay at .9...btw is higher or lower voltage running rich?? and are these readings normal??

Thanks everyone
Old 04-06-2004, 08:53 AM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change out your o2 for another one and see if it throws the code.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:58 PM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, is it possible that its bad...im waitin to see if it happens again, didnt happen today, but i didnt drive mush either...