ShastSmae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbo and trans cooler
Old 01-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

you have a couple of choices.. sell your car.. and get a MT

or you can just work on your suspension first, and do an tranny swap later. I dont suggest on swaping to a b18c5(itr motor) and turboing it.. its a waste of a good motor, and it would be pretty expensive. I would probley stick with the LS motor .. and do the tranny swap.

Integra AT suck, I have heard nothing good about them.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:13 PM
joshman

I hear what everyone is saying...sell the manual and get the auto or do a tranny swap. Auto tegs arent good i press on the gas and it takes a couple seconds to engage, but hey thats what automatics do right....but i was thinkin there was something you could do to an automatic cant you like change the gear ratios and make the throttle more sensitive some how??? maybe im just crazy. i would be happier with my teg if there was some way i could make the throttle more sensitive, you know how it is, you step on the gas the rpms stay where they are and then in a couple seconds they go up and your doing ok...isnt there any specialty place i could go around seattle that could tune an auto to make it accelerate faster? probably not, but thanks guys for all your suggestions.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:08 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally posted by joshman
I hear what everyone is saying...sell the manual and get the auto or do a tranny swap. Auto tegs arent good i press on the gas and it takes a couple seconds to engage, but hey thats what automatics do right....but i was thinkin there was something you could do to an automatic cant you like change the gear ratios and make the throttle more sensitive some how??? maybe im just crazy. i would be happier with my teg if there was some way i could make the throttle more sensitive, you know how it is, you step on the gas the rpms stay where they are and then in a couple seconds they go up and your doing ok...isnt there any specialty place i could go around seattle that could tune an auto to make it accelerate faster? probably not, but thanks guys for all your suggestions.
The only thing I can think of is a custom modded automatic tranny, which would be horrendously expensive. Force 10 is one shop in SoCal that builds ATs for drag applications, and a similar outfit in your area could rebuild your AT with a higher stall speed torque converter, custom gear ratios and stronger clutch packs.. but as I said before, you'd be looking at the better part of $2000, I bet. Driveability will suffer, engagement and shifting will be harsh, and above all, you'll be wanting more HP and torque... unless you really HATE shifting (and it doesn't sound like that's the case), I'd sell the car and find a manual DC4.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:35 PM
joshman

Alright, that sounds like the best idea, ill see what i can do. thanks.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:40 PM
95 teg se

levelten has shift kits and torque converters that will be one of the best upgrades. A torque converter will probably be one of the best upgrades...not only will it shave down your 1/4 mile time, but it will allow you to get more power from other upgrades due to lower drivetrain loss. With a tranny cooler(other then stock, yes you do have a stock tranny cooler) the next big upgrade would be a turbo. Dont forget though a auto ls runs about a 16.8 stock and with bolt ons and a torque converter upgrade you would probably still be in the low-mid 15s, which is what a stock/CAI gsr would run.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a GS-R.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 01-20-2004, 08:21 PM
joshman

How much would that torque converter be do you think? It sounds bitchin.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:13 PM
SpeeDDemon69

The torque converter will run you $500 plus shipping .