Notices

Automatic....is there anything i can do

Old 01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
ThaJazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an auto, too, and frankly I'm ready to move on. I did find a shop in MD that would do a JDM B20 swap + manual swap for $2300-2500. I have just about all the necessary parts, though, so I'm paying a lot for labor. But it's worth investigating.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:07 PM
bekylane

IMHO for high performace the only way to go is with a stick shift. The easiest and cheapest way would be to sell your car and get a manual transmision one.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:05 PM
acuragal03

Originally Posted by Captain Ratman
Seems that nobody asked him about how much faster he wants his car.......and since it doesn't matter whether you have a manual or auto when it comes to improving the handling characteristics, that part of the issue is not an issue. I have a 96LS w/auto trans and about 6 months ago put on a Greddy Turbo Kit & Greddy SP CAT exhaust system. My cars horsepower jumped by about 60% and about the same percentage of torque. So far my tranny has held up pretty well. For the street, I am quite happy with how fast & responsive the car has become.

Joshman......what do you want you teg to do?

Let us know so we can realisticly give you alternatives.

Scott.
great point, headers, turbo, chip, change the gears, get a kit, rims, etc.
you can throw a vtec head on it too. youre going to spend the same amount of money hooking them up. So, either way. basically, it comes down to this.

DO WANT MANUAL OR NOT???