Notices

just got chip installed!!!

Old 07-28-2002, 02:59 PM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince
$100?? I got mine a PYR like yours for 35 bucks! Who sold this to you, do you remember his e-bay id?
Vince where did you get it?
Old 07-28-2002, 03:01 PM
BonzoAPD

Does anyone know if they sell them for GSR's? If so what is the hp increase?
Old 07-28-2002, 03:26 PM
95LSDOHC

Yeah I chose the buy it now option. Mine also came with all of the nessesary pieces and the guarrentee of it working. It was going for $25 before I bought it. Oh well I'll make it back and then some when I sell mine on ebay! BonzoAPD: go to ebay, then to parts:car/truck, then select the engines and componets option. Once in their type in "integra chip" this should bring up all the chips for tegs, including GSRs. Thanks for all your imput
Old 07-28-2002, 03:31 PM
redGSRguy

I looked a little on ebay and some of this stuff seems kinda shady

1tarpstech (2) Jul-28-02 12:34:32 PDT 1843512030 S
Complaint : HIS CHIPS DON'T WORK AND HE IS A SCAM ARTIST DON'T BUY HIS STUFF
1tarpstech (2) Jul-28-02 12:26:13 PDT 1843511780 S
Complaint : the chips don't work and they are all the same no mattter the car. Its a scam!!!

What does this chip do exactly? Is it like a poor man's VAFC?
Old 07-28-2002, 03:56 PM
95LSDOHC

What it does is simple, well my particular chip increases my redline to 8200rpm, and it states that it gives you an increase of 10-20Hp. What it basically does besides move the rev limit, it gives you a better air/fuel ratio. That is how you gain some of the power. Oh and yeah, read the comments on ebay, make sure you know what kind of seller your dealing with. My seller is the owner of Tru Motorsports. They still have chips on ebay. They all ussually start at exactly $24. If you look in the seller or location spot and it says Tru Motorsports, you know your dealing with great guys!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:24 PM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by 95LSDOHC
What it does is simple, well my particular chip increases my redline to 8200rpm, and it states that it gives you an increase of 10-20Hp. What it basically does besides move the rev limit, it gives you a better air/fuel ratio. That is how you gain some of the power. Oh and yeah, read the comments on ebay, make sure you know what kind of seller your dealing with. My seller is the owner of Tru Motorsports. They still have chips on ebay. They all ussually start at exactly $24. If you look in the seller or location spot and it says Tru Motorsports, you know your dealing with great guys!
Thanks, I'm gonna check it out now.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Etylorcen
Turbo Mafia Soldier

My god....I didnt know there were so many of you wasted your money are junk.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Vince
*Uncle Ben's best friend*

The guy I bought mine from had over 500 feedback and he had like 2 negatives, the rest said "Great Product good seller" and so on. Several people that had bought his chips the same as mine and 95lsdohc, said that the chip upgrades kicked ass. So call it a waste of money if you want, but you are the one missing out on the great product at a great price.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:26 PM
StyleTEG
Make me an offer

Before anyone buys a chip and has it installed, you should know all the background on this "one size fits all variety"

Chips on turbo vehicles can increase the amount of air entering the engine, by increasing the amount of boost. This leads to great gains, (30 to 60hp in some cases like the Audi biturbo V6). On a NA engine, air can not be increased, all that can be changed is ignition timming and the fuel map.

So they advance the timming to 18 degrees (which can be done for the cost of renting a timing light) and make the fuel mixture alittle rich at wot. The fuel map is nothing more than a programers best guess at what would be good for thousands of productions cars. The reason they can't just tune it specificly for an integra, and have it work great for all integras is every engine is different. Every engine will produce different numbers stock, and every engine responds to modifications differently. So, the most you are ever goign to get out of one of these chips is a 5% increase in HP.. at the very most. In some cases you might even lose HP.

Raising the stock redline is barely of any benifit since your engine is not going to be making any power that high unless you have aftermarket cams. Your valvetrain is also not setup to handle that high reving, and it is eventually going to lead to damage.

For low cost the best bet is to get a v-afc/s-afc and have it tuned wide a wide band O2 sensor and a dyno.

(kinda repeated my original post/quote, but no one seamed to be taking it serious )
Old 07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
95LSDOHC

reason why i bought my chip is because I have a built head waiting to go on my engine, this will enable me to redline higher without breaking internals.

Quick Reply: just got chip installed!!!