Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Thermostat, Radiator Flush, Bleed the system?

Old 07-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Josher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermostat, Radiator Flush, Bleed the system?

In my 96 Integra LS I recently flushed out my coolant and put in a new thermostat. 102K miles. I have a helms manual and Haynes manual for my teg, and I noticed that my Haynes manual mentions a bleed valve for 94 and 95 Integras. Now, since I have a 96, I don't have this bleed valve.

Now, after filling the radiator up with coolant, I filled the resevoir up to slightly below max. I started the car, let it warm up until the TOP radiator hose became warm (thermostat open), then turned the car off. I squeezed the top radiator hose, releasing a few air bubbles from the coolant system.

My QUestion is, is there anything else I can do to make sure there isn't anymore air in the system? The car runs fine, warms up to slightly below half way on the temperature gauge, just as it used to, but I want to make sure everythings been done right.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Trance303

You can jack up the front of the car so that the radiator neck is higher than the heater core , leave it like that for a few minutes, any air will rise to the highest point. But it sounds like your coolant system is fine.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:44 PM
MikeR

does sound fine, and also in due time it will work the air out, just keep an eye on the coolent level, i have a 95, with bleed screw and wasn't aware of the change for 96, wonder why? but you can also open thermo like before and leave top hose clamp loose and cap on. burp the air out of the top hose carefully with a flat screwdriver, by lodging it gently between the neck and hose, just enough to purge air out that way, but be careful as the neck should be plastic as well as hot air/coolent coming out, here again i think your fine with earlier procedure