Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

turbo si help!!!!!

Old 06-16-2003, 01:34 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever pull the first sensor and look at it? I know you said the second one was dark, but I don't see any mention of taking a look at the primary.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 PM
blacklude97

thanx phiz!! help me out guys. i dont have the code for the second o2 sensor anymore. the only one i have now is code 41 for primary o2 heated sensor malfunction.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:16 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I'm talking to walls again...

Pull out the primary O2... what does it look like? You probably fouled it from running rich so long and not pulling it out for inspection when it was first suggested to you.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:15 AM
crxb16er

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
I'm talking to walls again...

Pull out the primary O2... what does it look like? You probably fouled it from running rich so long and not pulling it out for inspection when it was first suggested to you.
\

been reading this post ever since the beginning and seems as though they have u on the ignore list or something. i was agreeing with u from the beginning and seems like noone is listenning only coming up with ways to try to ignore or speculate on the problem instead of just looking at it head on and fixing it. oh well some people just need to waste their money because of their stubbornness and unwillingness to pay attention to the advice put b4 them.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:37 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Yup ,it's definitly time to see if the primary 02 sensor is fouled. Now what do we think would cause the primary to foul? High EGT from running to lean? Carbon buildup from running too rich?

If the primary appears fouled, I wonder if it would be worth your time to hit the secondary with some compressed air, and try it in the primary location. Maybe it's a little less fouled.

If you're fouling O2's sounds like you may need some tuning. AFC? Or the hondata s100b is cheap, except for the tuning costs. And maybe you should post your setup, including fuel managment on one of the forced induction forums. See if you can do fuel delivery better.

-PHiZ
Old 06-17-2003, 02:01 PM
crxb16er

b4 jumping to conclusions and speculations just pull out the o2 sensor see whats going on and go from there, he just had a new exhaust put on so possibly it was installed incorrectly or f*ed up with the new exhaust profile, pull it check out its condition, this should have been done as soon as u recognized the ecu was throwing these codes. when something goes wrong dont jump to other things, when ur car doesnt start u start with the starter, and battery u dont jump to the spark plugs, always try the simplest fixes first, and dont overlook the simplest of factors because this is most often the problem, after working on cars for many years now i have learned that much at least.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:09 PM
blacklude97

ok , thanks for the advice. i had the check engine light before the exhaust , but ever since i got the exhaust put on my car started running like shit and thats when i noticed i also through a cel for running too rich. but that cel seemed to go away.