Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Place you bought your motor from, and how you like them.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 AM
90RexHybred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this place sux

I am not usually one to dis people, however, this has to be said.
Originally I wanted to put a zc into my rex. The guy at WCP (you know who you are), said no problem. For $750, it seemed pretty good. After almost 6 months and no engine I was getting pissed off So I called and he said it was port security that was holding up the engine. O.K.
I informed him that it had to be a black top to fit, he said it would take longer to get because they were "rare". First off he didn't know what would work? Second, he couldn't tell me how long it would take?
I told him I wanted to cancel the order. He then informed me it would cost me a 20% restock fee. I asked myself for what?
Eventually he informed me he could get me a jdm 1st generation b16 for just a bit more. O.K. It was the engine I really wanted anyway. He didn't tell me the other stuff usually included in an engine swap package, would be a lot more.
After another long stretch, the b16 finally came to my friends shop. I was going to rebuild it before I installed it. Tore it apart, and it was filled with water.
After the rebuild it is now a good looking engine.
I had to get motor mounts, shift linkage, and the VTEC wiring from Hasport. Those guys are knowledgeable and helpful.
Long story, short. Don't buy from WCP. Look 'em up on the web, be forewarned.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

I got my stock replacement from hmotorsonline and it sat 4 like 3 months than I put it in it has a knock in it like a lifter or some shit and they won't repalce it cuz they have a 30 day starty up warnty
Old 08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
kenny8585

Anyone here ever brought an engine from http://www.torontojdm.com/lite/cart.php

It seem like this only place i can buy engine in ONtario, Canada.. Need more info please...
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 AM
boostedJDMHatch

I got a HMO b18c. Great motor 33,000 miles very healthy i made 350hp[IMG]x[/IMG] on 10 psi with 750cc RC injectors.

Last edited by boostedJDMHatch; 01-03-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
oliverz

Originally Posted by LSVTECKING
I got all my stuff from the junk yard...except for all the internals that I got from all over the face of the earth. And for the B16 head, I got that from flash options.
how much would it cost if you buy from junk yard?
Old 09-18-2023, 03:47 AM
fahad01

This is how it do and and like it. This post help me a lot. Read Here