Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Missing Engine

Old 02-16-2003, 02:01 PM
KrzyMoke
DaKine Brah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Engine

Well Aloha All,

I'm new to the Inport crowd so bear with me as I work through my problems. Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I've got. 89 Integra with the 1.6. All stock. My engine is idling ok but if I give it gas is sputters and feels like its missing. I am trying to see how to look for engine codes but it is very vague for my year car. HELP Please. Aloha

Kimo
Old 02-16-2003, 03:47 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Do you know what the code(s) that it's throwing?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:27 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://jdmfan.com/index.php?information=dtc

This is a link to JDM Fan. This page defines all of the CELs. HIH :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2003, 05:49 AM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

Guy's he wanting to know how to check for engine codes, not what they are.

Look under your passengers floor board, pull the carpet back from under the dash section. You could see a metal plated bolted to the floor with (4)10mm bolts. The will be a small hole in the center of the plate, that'll let you see the ECU and if it has any code whats they are. You will see a single red LED that blinks off the codes. A single short blink = 1, a long blink will = 10, add together the blinks to get your code. If you have multiple codes, there will be a brief puase b/t code sequences.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:21 PM
KrzyMoke
DaKine Brah

Yep Speed that is what I'm looking for. The book says to just turn the key on and check the codes but there is only one red flash meaning all is ok? I don't know if I just got bad gas or my sheite is messed up?
Old 02-18-2003, 09:05 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

This is how to troubleshoot DTCs: http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/other/troubleshoot_dtc/
Old 02-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

Originally posted by KrzyMoke
Yep Speed that is what I'm looking for. The book says to just turn the key on and check the codes but there is only one red flash meaning all is ok? I don't know if I just got bad gas or my sheite is messed up?
When powered the ECU will flash 1 time to show that it has power and is functioning. Afterward it will display any code you may have. Ignore the first blink, if it starts blinking after that then reference your book for what the codes mean.

A single short blink is a code 1, which is the O2 sensor.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:58 AM
KrzyMoke
DaKine Brah

I still can not find my connector to jumper to get my codes? HELP

Do I need to jumper a connector to get the codes? Does anyone else have this year? If so where is the connector? Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha
Old 02-26-2003, 07:04 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally posted by KrzyMoke
I still can not find my connector to jumper to get my codes? HELP

Do I need to jumper a connector to get the codes? Does anyone else have this year? If so where is the connector? Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha
You may need to flip your glove box all the way down (turn the little "L" bars so they don't hit the ledges and stop). It may be back there. You can just use a paperclip put in both ends.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:47 PM
preylude99

hey, does your car just die for a second like it is almost shutting off then continue? and is it all the time at the same rpms or just once in a while randomly, cause I would get that problem once in a while randomly on my 93 LS and it turned out to be loose wires to the ignition module.....