Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18C1 into my hatch

Old 12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
JxHxB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C1 into my hatch

i have a 93 hatch. its not that powerful at all. i dont have any mods yet. ive been thinking about it. deciding what i want first. its old with soo many miles on it. my friends 92 or 93 integra just got a swap and made it sooo much faster. thats what i want. idont know much but i just want a new engine to start with ..(my first car)..no mileage on it. brand new so i wont ahve any problems?? ive read up that this is probably the best engine to swap in and the simplest???? any info you guys can tell me if u have this swap into urs?? thanks alot. this will reallly help me a lot.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
project_hatch
Power by Uncle Ben's Rice

dude if I could go back on my swap, I woulda swapped an H22 into my civic instead of a gsr
Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you are not going to find a brand spankin new engine with zero miles unless you buy a brand new shortblock, tranny, and head from honda. that alone is going to cost more than a complete b18c1 swap from somewhere like hmotors.

how much money do you have to spend and what are your plans for the car? drag? autox? quick daily driver?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
tommyhcky13

an h22 swap in a hatch is a beast, i raced someone with one before my gsr hatchh was turbo and he whipped me like i was sitting still. you need more stuff for the h22 but i think it would be worth it if you could find one cheap enough
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
JxHxB

my plans are for a nice, fast, clean civic. ive loved them forevor and got one. i used to beinto the body kits and ricer stuff a couple years back but really started to look into the cleaner style of civics. plus everyday before and after school a kid at my school as a niccee eg and id just watch him drive up and leave . i like boosten off fast at lights. being able to go fast and maybe take it to the track here or there. but its my daily driver. to school ..to work.. when i hang out with my friends...like that. i just dont want engine problems with this old one in my car now ... so i wanted to start off with something new.i have about 4200 dollars saved from work over the years for this car... my uncle owns an autobody shop so. paint is free and body work,although i am definately gonna pay something,im not cheap to my family. i want to drop it. new exhaust system, AEM sri (which we talked about in the other forum), and maybe boost it with my new engine. i dont know much about cars but i know thats what i want to do with it.

Last edited by JxHxB; 12-05-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM
JxHxB

[QUOTE=Snoopy;3256622]you are not going to find a brand spankin new engine with zero miles unless you buy a brand new shortblock, tranny, and head from honda. that alone is going to cost more than a complete b18c1 swap from somewhere like hmotors.

is this

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...highlight=pics

a brand new engine without zero miles ? hes aid he onlhy has 800 on it. looks nice...thats what i was talking about unless its crazy money..how much u think thatd cost? not including the turbo and everything just the engine all new engine..?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

that is a rebuilt engine. basically brand new, but not quite. that setup has about 2-3k into the block alone. with those various other parts, im guessing 5-6k total for everything excluding the turbo kit which is another 3-4k. this is not a cheap hobby. :hs:

and since you say you dont know much about cars, go to www.howstuffworks.com and start reading
Old 12-06-2006, 12:56 PM
JxHxB

ive gone there buti dont know what to look up? what if i wanna learn about all the different types of engines u guys are talking about on here? what would i look up? ionno
im ordering a book
about honda tuning.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by JxHxB
ive gone there buti dont know what to look up? what if i wanna learn about all the different types of engines u guys are talking about on here? what would i look up? ionno
im ordering a book
about honda tuning.
high performance honda builders book? that's a good start. first just learn the basics of how a 4 stroke internal combustion engine works. and what vtec is and how it works. turbo's, nitrous, superchargers, everything you want to know can be found on howstuffworks
Old 12-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

here's another good site that lists every engine to come in every honda. well almost every engine and some of the info isnt 100%.

http://www.streettuners.com/curve/en...ine_specs.html