Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18C1 into my hatch

Old 12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
JxHxB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks a lot man.seriously. what u recomended will keep me busy reading for a while and hopefully game some knowledge about honda's engines.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
JxHxB

so i read about the vtec and how much it helps in the rpm ranges. the h22 is vtec and the B18c1 isnt. its gsr*i dont knwo what that means but its not vtec?* and the h22 gets more horsepower. wouldnt it be better to go with the h22 because of the gain in horsepower and the vtec? or is it a lot to handle or what are ur opinions on that?

is it a bad idea for the h22 because its not a direct bolt in like the b18c1? and probably cost more money for the mounting(alot more??)

do u think itd be a bad idea to swap a b18c1 and put a vtec head on it.
found this http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/index....&products_id=4

looks like thats what im talkin about i think?
i have 4200 and i could pay for that but i have no experience or clue of how to swap it in. could i get it professionally done? would it cost a lot? if i did get it done it wouldnt be for a while. id rather learn alot more than making a big decision like that. it took me forevor to save up that money.

sorry im asking so many questions. just cuz im excited and wanna learn a lot about this.

Last edited by JxHxB; 12-06-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

b18c1 is vtec. wherever you read that it isnt, dont go there anymore. they came out of 94-01 integra gsr's. the b18c5 makes a little more power and is out of the 97-98 and 00-01 integra type r. h22's make more power simple because they have more displacement. 2.2L against the b18c's 1.8L. a b18c1 is a much simpler swap. if you're not a complete moron, you can do the swap yourself in a weekend with the help of many many online guides available. one good site is www.hybridgarage.com

you can get a complete swap from www.hmotorsonline.com without breaking the bank. the engine in the link you posted doesnt come with everything you'll need like mounts, axles, and wiring.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 PM
JxHxB

oh okay it was that site u showed me..it said gsr for the b18 and v tec for the h22... although i wont be doing it for a while .i think ive pretty much made my decision for the b18c ..use the other money i have for dropping it or some other exterior mod. thanks a lot though. ill probably still be asking questions once i read more.but i really dont know anything and dont have the tools to do it i guess or thats what i think? how long do u think itd take to swap an engine and do uknow if a professional would be able to swap it for me? for not too much cost?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

if you have any mechanical ability at all you could swap it in yourelf with the help of friends in 3-4 days seeing as how you really dont know much. you could take it to a shop that specializes in honda performance. expect to pay $500-1000 for labor alone.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:07 AM
tommyhcky13

agreed a b series swap into an eg is easy. im sure you and a couple of friends could do it and you could find everything you need on the internet. you need the top radiator hose for the b series motor. just a little tidbit
Old 12-09-2006, 08:26 PM
JxHxB

is there a big chance then when i swap the gsr in that im gonna have problems with it?i dont want to have problems with an engine thats why i want a new one thats faster.i want a reliable car. and is it true that when u boost a car it makes it unreliable like things are always going wrong all the time??
any info?
thanks.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

if you swap it in correctly and insure that it's healthy to start with and keep up with the maintanence it wont give you any problems. same thing with boost. keep up with the maintanence and have a good tune while not going overboard with the boost and you wont have problems.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:28 PM
JxHxB

if im gettin a more powerful engine. that means ima need more powerful braking right? so does that mean id have to get something new that has to do with braking like rotors or something??
Old 12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you dont have to upgrade brakes but you can. more aggressive pads up front with new blank rotors, fluid, and an integra rear disk conversion is going to be plenty. you'll also want sticky tires as they're the only thing making contact with the ground. you can have 15" rotors and 8 piston calipers, but if your tires suck you wont stop for shit.