Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Better tuning potential 2003+ RSX Type-S or Integra GSR

Old 09-27-2005, 06:12 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better tuning potential 2003+ RSX Type-S or Integra GSR

Which car is a better overall project tuner car if taking the FI route. I know the RSX has higher horsepower and a high C/R but I'm unsure of how well the engine works with boost in comparison to the B18C1... I'd consider the Integra Type-R in this lil debate, but those are harder to find.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:16 PM
b16ahybrid

Well IMO if your going forced induction te b18c1 will be more cost effective.
If your staying N/A then the k20 will be more cost effective in the long run.

I've swapped a k20 and it's a pain in the ass, but the gains are awesome. That motor loves to be modified and getting 250whp out of it isn't that hard N/A.
I'm currently building my b18c1 right now (sleeved w/rods and pistons)so soon I can speak from experience on how a built b18c runs w/boost. My previous boosted motor was a b16 (hence my screen name) and I made just shy of 300whp to run the times listed in my sig. That motor was stock.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

I like the looks of the RSX Type-S more, and it has a 6-speed tranny, but I know more of B18C1's making high horsepower, maybe the K-Series power is a tuner territory waiting to be explored.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

The K series is a great motor to modify. However, one of the hardest to swap in, and not many people can do it. BTW, do you have an RSX or just thinking about swapping in a motor? i dont think im really on the same page w/ you lol
Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Originally Posted by 1995Civic
The K series is a great motor to modify. However, one of the hardest to swap in, and not many people can do it. BTW, do you have an RSX or just thinking about swapping in a motor? i dont think im really on the same page w/ you lol
I don't have a RSX,... I was wondering what my next car i'd buy be. I wasn't sure if I should get like a late model GSR or RSX Type S, either car I'd boost. I wasn't sure what platform would prove best in overall performance.

I'm pretty much looking for a nice looking new or used project car to work with that is from 2000+, N/A out of the factory, under $25,000.

so i came to conclusion that GSR, ITR, and the RSX Type-S come into this category.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:40 PM
st00pid

The RSX-S is a much more potent engine than the B series. Most of the turbocharged GSR engines I tune make 300-350whp on stock internals and pump gas. The K series turbo cars I have tune have made 370-460 on pump gas and stock internals. Thats with a very conservative tune. The only things I dont like about the RSX-S is the transmission and the front suspension which flexes a lot under power. The transmission is pretty weak. Weve sheared off a few gears on the street.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:30 AM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Originally Posted by st00pid
The RSX-S is a much more potent engine than the B series. Most of the turbocharged GSR engines I tune make 300-350whp on stock internals and pump gas. The K series turbo cars I have tune have made 370-460 on pump gas and stock internals. Thats with a very conservative tune. The only things I dont like about the RSX-S is the transmission and the front suspension which flexes a lot under power. The transmission is pretty weak. Weve sheared off a few gears on the street.
cool... and the K series trannies are good for about how much power?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 AM
qtiger

All of it.

Assuming the driver doesn't make a serious error, the only real give point on a manual transmission is the clutch. You have to be making truly stupendous horsepower to be breaking other manual trans components.

Last edited by qtiger; 09-29-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:59 PM
BADST GS-R

Originally Posted by st00pid
I'd like to see what parts combinations you used to obtain those numbers.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:38 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by BADST GS-R
I'd like to see what parts combinations you used to obtain those numbers.

If this is the same guy, he's a genious when it comes to tuning cars. I've never personally seen his work, but I've heard a lot of great story's and seen some awesome charts.

It's all about part combinations and tuning knowledge and he knows both.