Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

I suck at tuning. I need some help from you experts.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I suck at tuning. I need some help from you experts.

I just street tuned my car with uberdata this weekend and I am having issues like no other. I have a bogging from 2.5k to 3.5k under light throttle and a major jerk at 5.5k to 7.5k under full boost, WOT. I have tried to tune them out but I really cannot seem to get the AFR consistent. The partial throttle on a Honda basemap should be good, so why am I having so many problems with this?

Also, with the boost bogging, I had it tuned yesterday for 12.5:1 and it was consistent throughout but today, it was more at 11.5:1 with a leanout at the bog point to 12.5:1. WTF? It seems like everything I ironed out with the boost yesterday has changed dramatically. I am almost ready to say fuck it and get it dyno tuned by a professional.

And to top everything off, I just got my registration papers which requires a CA smog test by 9/10, so I just don't know what to do.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

C'mon people, I won't bite.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:25 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

if its turbo.. first off you should be running way under a 12.5 AFR...
here's some help bro.
less than 10psi: 12:1 Air Fuel Ratio
up to 16psi: 11:1 Air Fuel Ratio
9.5:1 compression or less: 1 degree retard/#boost
above 9.5:1 compression at least 1.25 degrees per psi
This will help with your smog cause you wont be running too rich being your turboed.. it'll eat this gas up, not let it sit on the top of the piston and just burn black..

Also try 11.8 see where you stand should solve all your problems.. i've tuned a few b18c's, b18c1's and b16a2's with turbos all stock internals running 10psi daily and i've seen mostly all of them run perfectly around 11.1-11.8 AFR..
Also there will be tendances to where you can't fix a drop off just make it mainly run threw.. as for instance i run a skunk2 intake manifold and mostly everyone i've tuned does and they WILL EXPERINCE a lost of power between those rpms you stated.. i have it on mine, everyone does thats the chars of the manifold man.. is really nothing you can do to fix that.. my two cents if u need anymore help pm i'll be glad to send you a few maps possible walk you threw some more.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

OK, when I tune next weekend, I will tune for 12:1 since I am running 8 psi because any more will max out the injectors.

I didn't have a problem running the blue box under part throttle. It just seems really jerky and power fades in and out between about 1500 to 4000 rpms. Anything else is smooth, so I don't know what the problem is.

I also have ignition retard at .8 per psi, so I guess I will have to bump that up. As it is, I haven't gotten any detonation whatsoever.

Also, idle is at about 13.5:1 and I cannot seem to get it any leaner. The problem with the bogging may have to do with the large transition from that to a lean 15.5:1-16.5:1 at part throttle coasting.

I'll try it again this weekend with a brand new basemap and tune from there. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

NO PROBLEM BRO.. gl with it and ask me anything else if u need anymore help