Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Interesting Brake Question

Old 03-18-2004, 10:41 PM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting Brake Question

Not sure where to post this exactly, but here it goes:

As you may have guessed, aftermarket parts for Vigors is pretty nil. In my opinion, the stock brakes are pretty weak on this car and would like to upgrade them. If a car can't haul itself down, I'm peeved.

Here's the deal. Brake kits aren't listed for the Vigor, but they are for the 4-cylinder Accords. The Accords use the same 114.3x4 bolt patterns as my Vigor does.

Seeing as Brembo's big brake upgrade (13" front rotors, $2239 :eek3: ) come with calipers, pads, rotors, hats, brackets and ss lines, why wouldn't it fit my Vigor?

Some modification may need to be done but it can't be that extreme, can it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Eddiebx

honestly, i have not a clue as to how well or easily they will fit on your vigour.

But have you tried simply upgrading the pads to something better? or have you already done that and still not satisfied? there are alot of other oem options you can go with, such as swaping to larger 11" rotors if you dont already have them, or perhaps NSX or legend dual piston calipers with those 11" rotors. many cheaper options out there.

Right now i have the dual piston legend calipers on my accord with 11" rotors, and aem pads, and well i can lock the front up at like 80+ on the hwy with sticky summer tires on, so thats more than enough braking if you ask me. Though I do wish i could bias more braking power to the rears,
Old 03-19-2004, 07:17 AM
DarkLightning

Try a set of new rotors and Hawk HP+ front pads. This is a fast, cheap solution. I use stock rotors with those pads and have awesome stopping power.