Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

JRSC B18CR problem

Old 02-07-2004, 12:33 PM
SRD_DC2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC B18CR problem

Let me try to keep this short and make it not confusing, if at all possible.

My car was originally a 95 Integra S.E. I got a 97 B18CR motor. The car is originally an OB1, however the ecu is an OBD2, so i had to get a jumper harness. Before dropping it in, me and my freind bolted on a JRSC w/boost upgrade kit.
Now, the car does start, however idles around 1k rpm, and seems to be missfiring, idles kinda rough. The engine check light came on, so my freind checked for codes. Said codes for the 2nd O2 sensor(dont have it), TPS, MAP, and CKP or somn was showing. We tried a OB1 ecu(p30) to see maybe if something was wrong w/the jumperharness, however found no luck. I did find that the TPS and MAP were switched around, so switched em around. Still no luck. So, were now stuck...dont know where to look or wut to look for. There are a few things that I wanted to mention...
-The JRSC w/boost upgrade kit did come with a BTC(boost timing controller), but we have yet to install this.
-Kit came with a fuel pump...have not installed this either.
-On the passenger side by the battery, where the main engine harness connects too, there are 4 plugs, but only 3 are plugged in. Are there supose to be 4 or 3? Dont know where the 4th one which has 6 cavities or wires goes too.

As you can tell, in a situation..where I am totally confused and lost, and dont even know what to do any more. If anyone could help...pleaaaaaaaaaase!!! Cars been in shop for lil over a year now...wanna drive the damn thing!!!!!!
Thank you.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:56 PM
xathor
Lord of Nothing

Originally Posted by SRD_DC2
Let me try to keep this short and make it not confusing, if at all possible.

My car was originally a 95 Integra S.E. I got a 97 B18CR motor. The car is originally an OB1, however the ecu is an OBD2, so i had to get a jumper harness. Before dropping it in, me and my freind bolted on a JRSC w/boost upgrade kit.
Now, the car does start, however idles around 1k rpm, and seems to be missfiring, idles kinda rough. The engine check light came on, so my freind checked for codes. Said codes for the 2nd O2 sensor(dont have it), TPS, MAP, and CKP or somn was showing. We tried a OB1 ecu(p30) to see maybe if something was wrong w/the jumperharness, however found no luck. I did find that the TPS and MAP were switched around, so switched em around. Still no luck. So, were now stuck...dont know where to look or wut to look for. There are a few things that I wanted to mention...
-The JRSC w/boost upgrade kit did come with a BTC(boost timing controller), but we have yet to install this.
-Kit came with a fuel pump...have not installed this either.
-On the passenger side by the battery, where the main engine harness connects too, there are 4 plugs, but only 3 are plugged in. Are there supose to be 4 or 3? Dont know where the 4th one which has 6 cavities or wires goes too.

As you can tell, in a situation..where I am totally confused and lost, and dont even know what to do any more. If anyone could help...pleaaaaaaaaaase!!! Cars been in shop for lil over a year now...wanna drive the damn thing!!!!!!
Thank you.
I dunno man, i have no clue.. but im putting my money on one of the three things you listed that you didn't do. If a kit come with a part, its usually a good sign that your supposed to install it.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:59 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would start by installing the timing controller and fuel pump and go from there... I don't know much about the problems associated w/ obd2--->1, but that is probably whats causing your CEL.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:03 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

OBD-I cars are not wired for a CKP sensor, because they didn't have one. The OBD-II ECU wants to see a signal and even though you have a harness to plug it into your OBD-I wiring, not all of the right wires are part of the existing wiring. You need to add a wire for it to the harness.

Unfortunately I don't have an OBD-II shop manual so I can't tell you exactly where the CKP sensor is.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:34 AM
SRD_DC2

Thanks for the help. Im assuming itll be better to get a OBD1 ecu..since I am considering on getting Hondata anyway. We did start the car again, after the TPS and MAP sensors were switched around, and now it starts fine. Runs a little rough after warmed up, which Im thinking is because of the CKP sensor not being present. Does anyone know if the BTC(boost timing controller that came w/the kit) is neccessary if I were to get hondata? Reason I ask, is one of the instructions for insalling the BTC says to splice a wire to the CKP sensor, which I dont have. Well, thanks for the help again,, and if the problem is found I'll be sure to post.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:33 PM
SRD_DC2

Okay, the car does not start anymore. It cranks n cranks, but wont start. I've decided to maybe just get the car towed out of my friends shop. Does anyone have any recommendations to whom could possibly fix the problem? I live in silver spring, md. Thanks