Notices

mental debate

Old 04-29-2003, 07:59 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mental debate

some of you may remember me from last fall i was a regular on this forum (the crx/pre 92 forum)

i never ended up gettin a crx, instead i got a g2 integra ...

anyway long story short, just for sheits and giggles i drove past where a crx i had looked at was and it's still there.... and of course i caught the bug again.
i figure now after like 8 months i can probably offer him like 750 (he's askin 1200) and since i assume he wants it gone, take it away.

if i do get it, i rebuild my b18a and swap after summertime, have a nasty little crx... its just a matter of sellin my civic first. then i can part out the g2 or sell it as a car with no motor...

opinions, questions, comments, criticisms?

if i remember right, it's a 90... its a "plain" crx no hf or si or anything.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:54 AM
klowndwarf

Sounds like you wanna do something similer to what I wanna, cept I wanna put a B18B1 in my Crx Si. Your whole timeline sounds like fun man, its really upto you. If you really want my .02 I'd say your in for a good trip with a B18 in your "plain" crx. It must be a light one as I am told the Si was the heaviest.

So get that civic sold, and get ready cause a lot of things are gonna go by very quickly in that crx. good luck by the way :thumbup:

have fun!
Old 04-30-2003, 05:20 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

HF and Si I know had labels on the CRXs. I think DX did to, so how can it be a plain CRX? Probably a de-badged HF or DX. Si had sunroof so that is obvious, if your lucky and its HF than you already have MPFI.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:38 AM
klowndwarf

While your on that subject real quick, my Si has 4 fuel injectors, does that mean I have mpfi? (multiple-point makes me think this)
Old 04-30-2003, 07:42 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
HF and Si I know had labels on the CRXs. I think DX did to, so how can it be a plain CRX? Probably a de-badged HF or DX. Si had sunroof so that is obvious, if your lucky and its HF than you already have MPFI.
A "plain" crx is a dx.. the dx has no badging on the rear of the car to my knowledge... so you are looking at a dx crx with a D15 in it with 16 valve DUAL-POINT Injection. its an ok engine.. gives you about 95 engine hp. and looking at 2100lbs on wieght. 30 lbs heavier than an HF and about 70lbs lighter than an Si

but i would say go for it if you want to put a B18 in it.. :fawk:

and yes the Sis have a Multi-Point Fuel Injection System in 90, as did the HF for the fuel economy.. not really sure what the difference is between the 2 systems..but there you go but im pretty sure all of them had 4 injectors, i think its a matter of how it mixes the fuel or something.. dont know for sure.. but i do know what kind of systems they have
Old 04-30-2003, 08:44 AM
klowndwarf

How much power do you think my 87 D15A3 12v 4-injectors is supposed to produce? About 100HP and 100ft/lb.s right?

Its gonna be stripped everything I don't need and I'll be making a custom intake with 2 1/4 cat back and prolly DC header. fun fun fun.

~1700lb.s is what I expect maybe less when I'm done.

Anyone know where I can get a 16v head for my engine I know that would help a little?

back on subject, ISP James, Whatcha thinkin now about this car?
Old 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

im not worried about the mpfi cuz i have my b18 with complete wiring harness so basicly ill just trick my crx into thinking it's an integra :chuckles:

i really would like to get myself into this car so if you guys know anybod that wants a gen5 civic coupe or a g2 teg with no motor :naughty:, let me know!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:16 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

klowndwarf... i only know specs on my crx (90-91) Si.. but mine produces around 108-110 hp and around 100 ft lbs of torque, and of course based off the flywheel you can prolly look on ebay for a head for your rex or a junkyard. since i only know mostly about the 2nd gen rexs, i wouldn't know for sure.. i can look around a little and try to help you out

i dont know much about earlier CRXs, but did an Si have a D15 in it? mine has a D16 in it. just curious.

ISP James... good luck man.. yea the mpfi wont really matter to you if youre swapping.. so good luck on getting read of your car(s) and getting the rex :thumbsup:
Old 04-30-2003, 11:17 AM
klowndwarf

ISP James: my buddy let me ride in his 94 teg with b18b1 and since then I've convinced him to let me put it in my crx...no money right now but it would be A+++! That motor is crazy. with all he has its close to 180hp. but then again I don't own a dyno so its all guess work.

the stamp on my frame of my 87 crx si says D15A3, what the motor is, I guess it is looks to be stock, but I can never be sure. When I did the VIN check all the stuff listed about my car (12v 1.5L all that) was correct with what I have. the code off my tranny is GW2613705.
Sometime I'll hit up this all import junkyard in maryland and have a look for a 16v head, I would like that. Course as poor as I am I'll be happy with the thing just running which will be as soon as this timing issue is cleared.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The earlier 12v Si cars (your CRX, my Civic) are rated at 91hp. There are no 16v heads that will fit, to my knowledge. I have been looking, but the problem is in our distributor. It will not bolt to any later 16v heads, so the only way to run a 16v head on our block would be to do a full OBD-0 electronics update, very NOT fun. For all that effort, you could just drop in an 88-89 OBD-O D16A1 engine then, but why bother when you can just use a pre-OBD 86-87 D16A1?

Oh, and ISP James.... why would anyone in the right mind want to ditch a G2 for a CRX? I'm sorry, but I would take the Integra any day of the week. I had one, they look a million times better then a CRX IMHO.