Notices

91 Si Allignment ??s

Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Si Allignment ??s

How's everyone doing? Here's what's going on. I've finally was able to have car alligned, well sort of.
The guy I work with put car on rack for me to check my allignment specs.My right front wheel sits in quite a bit. Bad neg. camber.My left tire wears out too, not as fast.
Anyways,
These are my specs after the guy adjusted my front toe. L-F -0.8, R-F -2.3
my rear camber L-R 0.4 & R-R -1.5. The computer says no front camber adjustment nor rear. Now as far as my right front because of those specs not sure it's a bent upper control arm or strut. The whole time I drove car I had to keep wheel about 45 degrees or so. Now coming home for first time my steering wheel was straight. Sorry a little long. Trying to be detailed as much as possible.
Now what I wanted you guys opinion on was with my situation. If I get a camber kit should I get fr & rear to have my cambers adjusted. These are my orig. shocks/springs. Car has 236K on body. I was getting some shocks cheap as possible to just get car driving right . I know everyone saying get lowered shocks/springs.I want to.
If anyone still have there Civic/CRX stock ride height what did you do when you had an allignment & they couldn't adjust your camber? I'm tired of eating used tires up.That's why I want some opinions .

Thanks For You Guys Time
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
gingas

No one!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Neubie

i don't know what to tell ya......what kind a repair book do you own, chilton? hayne's?
i've heard that the helm's manual is the equivelant to the holy grail of repair manuals,
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...8D13NQLG1JFK54
only problem is......it ain't cheap
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
ChrisS

Camber adjustments

Front:
-adjustable ball joint for upper control arm (Ingalls?; you need to know how much of an adjustment is needed; narrow range of adjustment for these; about 1.5 degrees; two models 0 to 1.5, 1.5 to 3)
-adjustable control arm mounts (Ingalls and others)
or
-replace upper control arm with one that the ball joint position can be adjusted along a range of +5 to -5 correction (might be hard to find)

Back:
-washers and longer bolts (inexpensive, not easy to adjust)
or
-adjustable upper control arms (Ingalls or Blox; should be easy to find many of the newer hondas use the same adjustment)

The big problem is stuff like that is getting hard to find for older cars.

Take Care,
ChrisS
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
gingas

OK, I've heard of the ingalls & blox. Yeah, I might have to look into that or down the road just might have to break down & get the lowered shocks/springs. If I went that route I'd go either H/R springs or eibach w/ kyb agx.
So on your ride if it's lowered what setup are you using front & rear? Now as far as adjustments. I'd like to get rid of my -2.3 degrees & get it close to my left side -0.8.Reason being is my right wheel sits in pretty far so the inside of my tire wears out within 1-2 months.
That's why I was getting opinions. Thanks, I'll look into those 2 mentioned.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
ChrisS

My '91 CRX Si is not lowered.
-still has stock springs
-tokico blues
-I have a set of tokico springs that are suppose to lower by about 1" (not on the car because I would need front and rear adjustable camber kits.
-camber is pretty good at all four corners (.5 to .75 negative on a couple of wheels because of aging springs; but, nothing serious, no uneven tire wear)

If you're not going to lower your car, the easiest way to get rid of the negative camber on the left is get a newer set of springs or adjustable coil overs*. (your left side springs are probably more worn out the the right side because most of the time there's only one person in the car.)

*they can always be adjusted for stock ride height.

--ChrisS
Old 03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
gingas

Hey ChrisS. My left side not as bad although L/R side eat up tires. My right side worse. Now about the coilovers. Would I still need shocks/struts? My car doesn't sit even. I have different gaps in wheel wells. My RR fit my whole arm,LF 4 fingers,RF barely 3 fingers because of the neg. camber. I believe something is bent like uca & RR whole arm through. So I def. need something. Trying to go the cheapest route poss. I"m not pressed on big time susp. name brand like I would be for my DC2.

What's some places for coilovers/shocks?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 PM
shorty_boy

Default Getting alignment soon.

In a week or so, I am getting some tires and an alignment. I can give you that info when I get that done (although it will probably bee too late for you).

I have a stock 89 HF.