Notices

91 Civic Si Need Help Bad !!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Civic Si Need Help Bad !!

I'll try to explain detail as possible.Here we go. I got off at 8 PM tonight. Started hatch up turned my headlights on took off. Waited for traffic to merge on road. All clear. Took off I had to make a U turn. Made U turn in 1st. Took off car bogged some went to 2nd like 3K rpm, same for 3rd,4th & 5th. The whole time car started bogging, popping & jerking really bad.
Had my hazards on whole time. Each light I got caught by I tried to keep engine reved up so it won't stall. Car won't idle pass 3K in neutral. Now keep in mind I'm only 20 minutes from home so had to do this every time I stopped.

What could be going on. Also, while driving you can here some whining sound going on. I'm very puzzled & pissed off this doing this.
Any advise I'd appreciate. It's dark now, but Thur. morning I'm checking it out. My plugs are new. I installed them the same day I installed some on my GSR as well. Now, when I say jerking I mean hard jerking. I have a monster tach installed & that thing shaking like crazy.:angry:

I'll Appreciate Any Help...
Old 02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Whining sounds makes me think it could be to do with the alternator, I'd take a volt/ohm meter and measure how many volts the battery puts out, both at idle and with the engine turned off. Should be at least 13.5 at idle and 12 w/ the engine off.

It could be a few different things but I have to run, just start there, make sure no grounds or wires are loose. Was the CEL on or did it come on at all recently?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
gingas

The funny thing with this no alt. light, battery light etc Everything is normal lights that is except for the jeking issues I've stated.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM
ChrisS

low on fuel and gunk in the bottom of the tank?

check vacuum lines
check grounds
clean battery terminals
check ignitor and coil in the distributor
could be a sensor problem
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
cruzalekz

wont idle past/below 3k-------check idle air control valve

jerking could be bad cap and rotor giving you random missfires .
or recheck your wires for proper firing order

otherwise, you got either a big vacuum leak or an intermittent main sensor connection/wiring problem which is very difficult to diagnose.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:57 AM
gingas

My tank is allmost full. My cap/rotor is like 6 months old. Didn't know a cap/rotor can go bad so soon.
Yeah, when car idiling & I rev engine it won't go pass 3K. There were no signs prior to this happening. That's what's strange.
I'm bout to check it out. Need to get to work later. The wires are correct firing order. I'm going to re gap my plugs to .44 again.
Another thing where is my idle air control valve. Also, is it the flat head screw on the TB.If it is I have it turned all the way clock wise if that helps.
Turned it all the way to pass emissions test a few weeks ago. If not could someone post a pic of the idle air control valve if that's not it.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

i would definitely check the distrubutor, sounds like something is going on it, a buddy of mine had the same problem and thats what it was
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
gingas

Update on jerking. I re gapped all my plugs .44, re tighten my pos. battery cable & fired up car. No popping. Drove up my street & revs pass 3K like it use to. The jerking real bad, I guess it was battery cable not very tight. That was strange.
Thanks for everybodies help.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
thetunersource

HAHA. Yeah that will do that alright. Also i've had bad ground before that really messed up my engine.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
gingas

Update on Si. Yeah, it was my positive wire. Needed tighting & good to go. Very strange.