Notices

ZC vs. B16a1

Old 12-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Sandee
A Girl~*Let's Go~*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZC vs. B16a1

Okay...My thing is, I've been debating on whether I should get a b18 or b16...but then I decided to go with a b16. Even though I'd like to turbo it up...Yes I know lower compression ratio (which is lower w/out vtec...blah blah blah) BUT~ I still wanted b16. I just thought about it and I just decided that maybe I want a ZC it has higher torque lower HP but the torque does a lot more for me...I have a 91' CRX...oh yeah duh lol Im in a crx/pre civic forum LOL~woo, Im stupid. so ZC or b16a? my boyfriend says ZC would be better for me, soo???
Old 12-12-2002, 09:57 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

you are a type whatever comes to mind person aren't you?

what model crx do you have?

the low down:
zc is cheaper to buy and install (all d series do not require mounts)...zc is also misleading b/c there were several different flavors (dohc, sohc, sohc-vtec)

the b16a is more powerful and has more potential...it costs more and requires mounts and some minor wiring...it has the biggest aftermarket for any sport compact engine
Old 12-12-2002, 10:35 AM
WhiteRice

I'm biased in my opinion, but I say go w/the ZC. People say the ZC's are less stable then the b16's, i say blah. It's less expensive, and less of a hassle then the b16. Plus it leaves a TON of money left over for forced induction, if you go w/a ZC compared to a b16!!
Old 12-12-2002, 11:45 AM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

white rice is on a mission to convert evryone into a zc lover

IMO unless ur afraid of forced induction id say go w/ the ZC they have plenty of potential and pretty much anything from the bottom end and some parts of the head will be the same as it would be for a any other d series honda motor so its not that hard to find performance parts for

b18bs are a great choice too, better than a b16 (IMO torque ownes me) and can be found for a few hundred bux more. but u still need a mount kit
Old 12-12-2002, 12:39 PM
WhiteRice

Originally posted by 88hondahatch
white rice is on a mission to convert evryone into a zc lover

haha :thumbup: I had a b16 and was going to be dropping it into my hatch (have since sold both), and found it to be more of a headache then anything. Then I got introduced to the ZC. The rest is history. We lived happily ever after!!! hehe
Old 12-12-2002, 01:02 PM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

Originally posted by WhiteRice
haha :thumbup: I had a b16 and was going to be dropping it into my hatch (have since sold both), and found it to be more of a headache then anything. Then I got introduced to the ZC. The rest is history. We lived happily ever after!!! hehe
as u and the ur rex drive happily off into the sunset.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:43 PM
lude_conduct

eh. i did it smart, spent more now on a b16a, hasport everything, centerforce dual friction clutch, exhaust, msd wires, full tune up, synthetic oil, and going fi later, you can do only so much on a d series engine. i dont want to get in an argument, to each there own, but my friend had a zc in his 4th gen hatch and i could beat him in my crx si really badly. sure he payed less then my b16a..... but you get what you pay for.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:47 PM
crxrocks

I hate these threads... they lead to nothing but trouble.

Chris
Old 12-12-2002, 04:42 PM
RiceBoysDream

zc are good for the budget racer like me, if i ever get a 87 hatch/crx si ima throw in a zc and kill alota people with it.maybe its just me but i think the zc is a good bang for the buck if your a cheap person looking for some good afordable performance. and easy swap conversion.

peace
Old 01-06-2003, 10:05 AM
TurboLex

so basically id say if you can afford the more powerful engines go with that. all are good choices, just ask yourself what you can afford.