Notices

ZC vs. B16a1

Old 02-14-2003, 05:22 PM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Cafcwest
I have a full ZC sitting in the garage...I was more intereted in the turbo, manifold, etc.
-Jayson
Possibly the manifold, but when my B series is done I am probably going to use the rest.

And people can laugh at the ZC all they want, but I have handed plenty B series 4th gen cars their ass with mine, and I have less in my ZC swap and turbo then most B series 4 gens have in just the swap. I have just decided to move on to faster targets.:fawk:
Old 02-14-2003, 05:44 PM
waistoftime

Well which is better, makin a little bit of money or makin no money. Hmm lets say makin some money. They still could of charged 700 labor plus parts. Now if 700 isn't nothin the maybe you can give me a loan. They laughed at me and told me I wasn't gonna be fast and told me to step up to the big boys like the b16, b18c1 and others. How many BIG tuners do you see using the zc motor. come on now get real
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Originally posted by waistoftime
Well which is better, makin a little bit of money or makin no money. Hmm lets say makin some money. They still could of charged 700 labor plus parts. Now if 700 isn't nothin the maybe you can give me a loan. They laughed at me and told me I wasn't gonna be fast and told me to step up to the big boys like the b16, b18c1 and others. How many BIG tuners do you see using the zc motor. come on now get real
Look, this is why I hate this discussion. You have a CRVtec turbo CRX? Why don't you loan ME some money. I am not gonna turn this into a flame war. You have your beliefs and the other people have theirs. Get over yourself.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:55 AM
waistoftime

Yeah these discussions never get anywhere. But if you had a b16 and a zc in front of you which would you choose? I was never flamming.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:01 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

Yeah these discussions never get anywhere. But if you had a b16 and a zc in front of you which would you choose? I was never flamming.
It would depend on how much money I had in this situation. If I had the money for mounts, linkage, etc. then I would pick the B16. I mearly said that the ZC was more affordable and good for moderate power. If you didn't notice in my earlier posts I said I was now doing a fully built LS turbo. Also, it sounded to me like you were flaming the people that had ZCs in their cars.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:11 PM
crxrocks

Then why even bother with an engine with less than 2.2 litres? Just step up to the big boys.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:03 PM
waistoftime

Well I kinda want to have a street car and I kinda don't want to cut up my engine bay to fit one in there only to run the same times as I do in my current set-up. Don't worry when I get my 96 hatch an 2.2 will be tossed in there no problem
Old 02-18-2003, 05:31 AM
excitid

If your wealthy as hell then your engine choices should be based on what your needs are since money is no object. If you only have a small amount of cash to blow then do stuff to get the most you can right now. I got kids and car payments and rent and school loans so I know modding my car comes after all that stuff and thats why I decided to stay d series. If your gonna keep the car for more then a few years then go b series and build it up over time its a great tunable engine that the aftermarket will always supply parts for. I'll probably get the latest si in a few years so I want to keep my current si as simple and budget minded as possible and the easiest way to do that is to go with a z6 bought locally. My goals are not set very high I just want high 14s low 15s and I like knowing that this will be attainable without changing very much to the car at all. www.exospeed.com seems to be the lone d series tuner and the prices are not to bad for what you get. But back to the subject at hand it seems to take alot more knowledge and time to do a b series properly and the zc seems to just go right in and having driven both boosted and n/a zc's and a vx hatch with a b16 I would say go zc its still gonna be cheaper in the end even if you had to buy three........