Notices

water leak

Old 11-02-2006, 10:56 PM
krongnome24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leak

i was wondering if anyone could tell me how water could get into the driver side floorboard via this route it seems like its coming from under the plastic trim [ these are not actual pictures of my car, just google at its best ]
and i watched water go into the fender like thisis there any way this could lead inside?

gah the rain isnt supposed to let up for another 4 or 5 days.. damn you washington weather
Old 11-03-2006, 08:27 AM
krongnome24

the water doesnt seem to come in from any higher than the beggining of the white line in the 1st picture. it just trickles out from behind those still metal lines that run along the left side. Is there any way to move those lines. they are in the way of whereever the water is coming from. And does anyone know where the water could be making its way in?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Hondelso

if you look at your hood shroud it could look from there. if you un screw it and look at the plastic peices that the screws screw into... for an OLD car those should be worn out. replace those first. see if it goes away.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Has the windsheild been replaced lately? It may not have been properly resealed.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:12 PM
krongnome24

is the hood shroud the plastic in front of the hood or the rubber trim... the rubber trim one has the plastic screws so i assume this is what you are talking about. I will check those when i get a chance. but the weird thing is that the water doesnt come in from the top of the front left corner of the car but about half way down about where that white line starts and not above that... well my carpet is about done for now so it will be removed soon.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
krongnome24

not sure if the windshield has been replaced but it's in pretty bad shape pits and scratches and a white spot in the right edge [looking out]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Hondelso

the shroud i am talking about is where the windshield meets the hood. it should be black. there are this whitish plugs that the screws screw into to make a seal. after 14+ odd years those are usually badly worn out. you replace the whitish plug. they are like 15 cents or something like that at the dealer. i would replace those first then check the windshield. start from the cheapest fix then work your way up .
Old 11-04-2006, 08:35 PM
krongnome24

alright i will give it a try tommorrow morning hopefully its not still raining.. right now its either raining hard or iced over
Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
krongnome24

ok i think i have fixed the leak it was a rubber grommet that the coweling drained down, the grommet didnt even go anywhere it was pretty much plugged a hole but it was leaking pretty badly but some silicone patched it right up... however i cant figure out the leak in the back my hatch is always soaked with water and i have no idea where its coming from. Could it be from the tail light assembly foam gasket? There were 2 tubes running from the sunroof drain they were clogged with gunk and i cleaned it out and alot of water ran out. But still the water keeps soaking the back of my hatch.

Last edited by krongnome24; 11-05-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Good oll washington weather...

lol

Check the hatch seal.