Notices

what year again is the 'odd' year for 2g CRX's?

Old 09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to my Honda tech at the garage and he said it really would be over a grand to do the engine... we will see what happens during tax season, she is going up for the winter and i'll have a beater to wreck until spring... thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Minho

Here where I live I was quoted 600-800 for a complete SOHC Vtec engine from some local junkyards, I looked at 2 of them and they looked to be in good condition. Me and my father could put the engine in, or the local Honda Performance Shop quoted me 500 dollars (which seems like a ripoff to me but if you cant do it yourself) so there 1,100-1,300 for a SOHC Vtec Engine Swap. I was thinking about swapping one in but just decided to turbo my SOHC Non Vtec ZC engine, which is seeming to cost the same 1g+ but only because I am going to do the work.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Minho
Me and my father could put the engine in, or the local Honda Performance Shop quoted me 500 dollars (which seems like a ripoff to me but if you cant do it yourself)
$500 to swap an engine is a good deal. Mind you, simple clutch jobs usually cost more then that.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Bmpn
Audiophile

yes im trying to see what I can think of for over the winter... if I drive my buddies and find someone who has a knowledge of pulling engines, maybe i can get at least an HF engine so it bolts right up with no issues.