Notices

Looking for a swap?

Old 10-20-2005, 04:16 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, i meant get either b18a/b block, and bolt the right head on. It doesn't cost less to do an obd0 ls/vtec swap compared to the b16 swap. You have to do a couple things to make the engine and head combo more reliable. The ls block was never meant for vtec, therefore creating the need for more maintenance and building compared to the b16. That's from what I read...
You don't need a shitload of torque for a crx or civic hatch to be fast. Yes, torque will help, but these cars are light to begin with. If you want that extra torque boost, get a turbo, or even nitrous... I honestly think those two methods, with proper maintenance and care, could be more reliable than an ls/vtec frankenstein swap. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Tankard

Congratulations on the successful swap. What is it like driving the car now as compared before? I need to talk to somebody that has kept their a/c that's done the swap. I've heard from some, that the only thing i'll need is another bracket, and i've also heard that i'll need another bracket and compressor.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:12 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by Tankard
Congratulations on the successful swap. What is it like driving the car now as compared before? I need to talk to somebody that has kept their a/c that's done the swap. I've heard from some, that the only thing i'll need is another bracket, and i've also heard that i'll need another bracket and compressor.
Thanks . It's worlds faster than my old d series. I beat my friends 200sx se-r, a mitsubishi eclipse, and a civic with a bunch of gauges and a huge ricer wing and muffler, lol. I guess people here are pretty surprised when my crappy looking car, with it's faded ass primer black paint, rolls up on them .
I didn't keep my a/c, but I never had a/c to begin with, sorry... Yeah, i think you just need to by the hasport a/c bracket, but i'm not sure if anything else is required.