Notices

i have a few questions

Old 09-01-2002, 11:10 PM
bleaunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a few questions

gentleman, i was referred to this web site due to the fact that i have an 86 dx chb. you all were spoken of with high regard and very knowledgable about 3g civics. what i want to do is make this into a real killer both at the 1320 and corners carving (isnt that what evrybody wants out of there civic anyway hahaha). so help me i was told that i can swap a 90 and older teg rear end into my car and it shouldn't take more than a day or so, is this true or is my source wrong? i know that the frnt end of a 86-87 teg is a direct swap axles and all, that is my next as soon as i find a donor teg. now, a huge concern of mine is, this thing is an god awful auto, i was told that i can do a 5spd swap from the same model year teg and my biggest job will be doing the cutting and centering. ( by the way i live in the midwest and there aren't a whole lot of 5s running around the yards so this is why i am going this away) anyhow if i do all this, what lowering kit would you all suggest. i am not overly concerned with ride quality(you should try ridng in it like it is now lol its bad). i also rather go w/ a b series engine than the the zc, but if that isn't feasible i have no problems doing the latter, what r your suggestions on this? also if the later is the only option what header would you suggest, I'll assume that the teg radiator wil swap w a few mods? also, i would like to retain my a/c if at all possilble get s hot here in the stl so running aroundin 90+degree weather as well as the humidity is a muther. lastly is there anyway for me to adapt an 88-90 crx front bumper to my car as well as dash? many thanks to guys at chb for giving the info on you guys and thank u the members of h-a for giving me the help i need to get this project trully on the way. looking forward to your many replies the bleaunite.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:26 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

can somebody summarize this for me??? so many words make me dizzzzzzy! heheh
Old 09-02-2002, 07:27 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

wait i got it.... dude your best bet is to buy a CRX Si... they got it all :thumbup:
Old 09-02-2002, 08:36 AM
WhiteRice

You asked about the B-series vs a ZC. I say go with the ZC. with the money left over from buying mounts/harnesses/linkages/etc...you can make a homemade turbo!!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-03-2002, 05:17 AM
bleaunite

rice thanks for the help. u seem to be quite knowlegdable about the zc engine. i must ask this does the zc have a better power band? also do u know anything about swaping a teg rear for a civic rear? i'm sure that u understand the reason as to why. the disc baby! plus do u know anyone who has done this job to there car.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:01 AM
WhiteRice

I used to have a b16 in my brothers garage...I was going to put it into a 89 dx hatch. It became too much of a hassle so I sold the b16 and bought my brother ZC'ed CRX. I helped him put it in, so I had a little knowledge but not tons. Just tinkerin' w/stuff is how I gained my knowledge. Thanks though!

I would say negative on the teg rears.....you of course are meaning the disc swap right?? It's a good thing to do, but better money is spend putting the big brakes on your front brakes and leave the rear as rotors. the front brakes are your main brakes...they take the majority of your umph when you brake. I don't know anyone personally who has either done, but from different forums everyone is :thumbup: to big front breaks and :madfawk: to the rear disc swap.

i'm not 100% sure what the powerband is on the b16. Its gonna be a little stronger because it's a stronger engine. But once you toss on that turbo w/the money saved....say buh-bye to the b16!!!!