Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have a few questions

Old 11-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Lupis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a few questions

maybe you remember me? i had the really crappy looking 1990 Accord EX sedan? and that i decided to get rid of it? well, i think i might keep it, i got it for free, and there's no way this thing is going to die on me before college is up, it's going through a big overhaul now, (hopefully) followed by some body work (the sides are kinda scraped up, cuz my dad had to dive into a guardrail to avoid a garbage truck that didnt yield a one lane bridge to him, after he was already on it!) so after i've spent my money on that, i'm thinking of putting an cold air intake on it, some nice, 15" rims, w/ phat tires (i like the old school approach, the little paper thin tires i don't care for) a short throw shifter, and blue lamps, among other things, which i won't bother to mention. now, ive got a few questions, the blue lamps, are they xenon or hid or what? im dont know all those details. and another thing, where can i find a short throw shifter for a 90 accord? ive been looking, and i cant seem to find one. and what suggestions do you have for a worn, stained, and smelly interior? i want this thing to be able to sell well after college. thanks in advance for your input!

edit: ah, yes, and the suspension... i want it a little lowered, and i have a fetish for sick camber :naughty: ... again, any suggestions?
Old 11-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Lupis

bump!
Old 11-03-2002, 10:49 AM
ASIMO

For my interior, I just put a new one in. I have a 90 Accord Ex. wehe you say you want fat tires, you dont mean the frogy tires that stick out 5 miles past the car do you?????

:barf:
Old 11-04-2002, 10:33 AM
Lupis

naw, i mean i want fat tires, as in thick, not those paper thin things that are "cool" now. those things that stick out past the fenders look stupid, and they show that the owner of the car doesn't even know the offset his wheels should be! sigh, some people :/
Old 11-04-2002, 02:11 PM
SlowLow5thGen

for your interior.. 1st off ditch the back seat, unless you roll mad hoe's in it then just carpet it off or somthin. for the carpet hit e-bay or www.accmats.com custom colors molded to oem shape, i'm doing an all black swap once i find a donor 94 coupe interior to pull paneling from for the vynil(sp?) process.

for seats get some 92-96 lude seats or anything from a 90-97, they all will work, but the 92-96 ludes are said to be more comfortable.

if you swap seats you'll have to pull the auto belt system and covert to manual, i think pullin parts from a 93 accord will allow for this.

for a subtle drop get some eibach sportlines or prolines w/ tokico's if your on a budget, kyb agx's if your not

find yourself some 94-95 accord 7 spoke ex wheels, they look awesome for oem, meet your 15" criteria, and will allow you to put your thicker tires on.

for the bulbs you asked about, they're not hid, they're xenon gas charged, instead of a vacuum inside the glass bulb they'res a mixture of xenon gas, krypton gas, whatever.. it just isn't a vacuum.

for the cold air, do it if your not prone to roads that turn into lakes like houston, shortram or icebox if you are prone.

for the short shifter i've heard of people using 92-96 lude shifter, they'res also a rumor of a pspec shifter in the works (full replacement shifter) for the 4th gen. other then that i believe neuspeed or dc sports makes one.

tell me a bit more about your car, milage, colors, condition, current mods, etc and i can tell you some problems you can expect to hit... i had a 91lx sedan, so i've already walked your road once
:thumbup:
Old 11-04-2002, 02:32 PM
RY2K
5 speed

Neuspeed makes a short shift kit its a true short shift kit (not just a cut-down handle) but it says 1991-1993 Honda Accord
not sure if it'll work on the 90 but i can't imagine why it wouldn't
cause 90-93 is all the same generation
Old 11-04-2002, 02:50 PM
ASIMO

Originally posted by SlowLow5thGen
if you swap seats you'll have to pull the auto belt system and covert to manual, i think pullin parts from a 93 accord will allow for this.

Or a 92. I have the COMPLEAT interior from a 92 in my 90. and I did the auto seat belts to manuel swap. It's a pain if you dont know how to "rig" it. And dont let yor insurance company know you did the seat belt swap. they will raise your insurance for altering the factory seatbelts.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Lupis

well, my dad gave me this car, and as soon as i got it, it went into the shop for repairs, and i haven't seen it since, so i don't know exact mileage. but i think it's over 200k. there are no mods, and after it's been through the shop, it'll be in pristine condition, except for the smelly, stained interior :/ the color is black, and it has a tan interior. i do have another question at this point, are the brakes all disc? if not which are drum? and if they aren't all disc, how hard would it be to convert? in the future i hope to have a set of watanabes! i love those wheels.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Lupis

bump
Old 11-06-2002, 08:02 PM
dantastic
cx power!

just save your $$ if youre not gonna keep it after college. mebbe just some clears, springs, and new deck (which you can always put in your new car or sell).