Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

may have fawked up my pioneer

Old 09-25-2003, 07:22 PM
KeepinOnThaDL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default may have fawked up my pioneer

ok, so i jsut got a $300 pioneer head unit the other day and installed it and everything worked great. well I was messing around with my fog light switch and took it off and had the 2 wires from it lose, then stupid me wnated to hear a cd so i put key in then i tucked the wires behind the plastic part near the pedals and under the stearing wheel, then head unit shut off.

please guys i need help! thanks!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:13 PM
toyman99

Check your fuses in your car (is your clock and domelight working)

Check the RED wire on both sides of the gray little thing. That may have blown.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:20 PM
KeepinOnThaDL

yes, clock and everything else is working. where is the red wire at? the one behind the head unit? and how do i check and see if thats the problem?

edit - is it possible that the head unit got fried? (please god i hope not) and could it be the fuse in the back of it?
Old 09-26-2003, 06:26 AM
toyman99

The red wire is at the head unit.

It is the accessory wire.

Next to the radio is like a gray small tube thing. There is a resistor inside that blows when you surge/short the radio.Check for power on both sides with a meter (12 volt DC)
Old 09-26-2003, 06:39 AM
95civicEX_h22
Slo N Low

Ooohh.

To reset your clock and program all your radio stations seem like a hassle to you? With ANYTHING electrical you SHOULD always disconnect the battery.

If the fuse is blown you're cool. If not, get it tested to be sure. If I were to take a guess, 'tis fried.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Falkon
still alive

Does your AC and fan still turn on? Does the deck turn on and no sound? Does it turn on at all anymore? Make sure you test it all out.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Hour

I was installing a kenwood a few weeks ago. Was working, cool.. had just tested unit hooked up - it rocked.. so I was remounting it while it was playing and I guess some wires got pushed back there and it shut off. Wouldn't work, yet my stock unit would work. Thought harness was fried. New harness.. still no kenwood.

Bah I said, didn't pay anything on the KW.. so I got a panasonic and was wiring that up and did it the right way.. wired - test - NOTHING! Absolutely dead.. wouldn't turn on at all.

Turned out to be fuse under hood, the 7.5 Shoulda known, my clock wasn't working or anything either. Strange how stock unit worked though.

Hope your problem is the same - cost me 5 cents to get working, and now I can sell the previously thought to be fried kenwood

P'z