Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

One Quick Question....

Old 05-21-2003, 07:20 PM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well because it will be louder. Yes in that sence you will be able to hear it more cause it is just louder at a certain freq. My rooomate put two 12's xlc's in the back of his crx sealed with a jbl 300.1 and he would like it a bit louder and im a bit surprised cause i thought it would have been louder. However since i have no perticular experience with the 15's or the accord it really is hard to say. Every set up is a bit different. The disadvantage with ported and/ or bandpass is they tend to be large. AS far as blowing the speakers you can buy sub sonic filters that will keep freq lower than what the box is tuned at so you don't blow them. Basically below where the port is set to play at the speaker is acting like its freeair and that is bad and why you can blow the speakers easily. But if you have a subsonic filter it won't be a problem.The other option is to make a smaller sealed box that may give you a bump to make it a bit louder. I would experemint try different boxes before you get rid of your subs but its your money Might as well try to maximize what you have.