Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

problem with subd

Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
JLO
7M-GTE!!!! "U-BLOC BITCH"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with subd

hey the problem I have is the sub hits but the speakers do not work what could the problem be? I checked the ground and it seemed ok????
Old 08-03-2008, 05:57 PM
freeze101

Any chance you could supply a bit more info please like what system you have head unit and such like have you checked all cables visibly and with meter or other device ?

thanks

freeze
Old 08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
JLO

well im not too good with sound systems hence the question. there is a panisonic deck, 12 inch kicker with 2 kicker amps. i just bought the car (98 civic ex U.S.) and the guy said it the speakers were cutting out but it was fixed, while I wait for this guy to get back to me does anyone know what the problem is ?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 AM
freeze101

I would start the process of elimination ,for instance ,try the speaker with somethin else do they work? does a different speaker work with this HU? because really it could be a number of things ,like wiring fault ,faulty HU or Speakers? broke wire somewhere ?

sorry I cant help much more than this

freeze
Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 AM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Like Freeze said. It could be a bad HU(Head Unit), loose or broken wire, bad speakers, etc. I would check the voltage of the wires at the speakers.
Since none of your speakers are working I'm doubting its the speakers. It could be the HU, but more likely the wires were just pulled from the harness or came loose.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
JLO

great thanks guys Ill give it a shot
Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by JLO
hey the problem I have is the sub hits but the speakers do not work what could the problem be? I checked the ground and it seemed ok????
So all you are getting is bass you are not getting any mids and highs from what I am understanding.

Are you running an amp for your mids and highs as well?
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Tedmond

if you got a volt meter, you can check if your amps are working. dissconnect your speaker leads, set dmm (digital multi meter) to 20v dc. connect black to neg and red to pos. play some music. the meter should show some voltage when the unit is off, it will go to 0 - 2v