Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Looking for Audio Deck

Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Andy-6
Andy~6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Audio Deck

I know this isn't really an integra or any other car specific question... but I am looking for a in dash flip out deck. I would prefer for it to have iPod integrated and bluetooth but I can survive pretty well without the bluetooth.. Anyone know where I can get a pretty good deal on something like this? I was looking at the Pioneer AVH-p5000DVD but that is probably more than I want to spend. Ideally looking for something under 300 but as far as I can find that is unrealistic. Let me know of your thoughts! thanks!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved to Audio & Security... they'll take good care of you there.

Welcome to the board.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy-6
I know this isn't really an integra or any other car specific question... but I am looking for a in dash flip out deck. I would prefer for it to have iPod integrated and bluetooth but I can survive pretty well without the bluetooth.. Anyone know where I can get a pretty good deal on something like this? I was looking at the Pioneer AVH-p5000DVD but that is probably more than I want to spend. Ideally looking for something under 300 but as far as I can find that is unrealistic. Let me know of your thoughts! thanks!
What is the year make and model o car that you are wanting to put it into?

Yea under 300 bucks is pretty hard to do unless you go with a completly off the wall brand name.

Are you just looking to be able to hook up your iPod into your car or what is the main reason behind changing the radio?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Andy-6
Andy~6

The car I am looking to hook it up into is not a honda...cause I already have a decent one in my integra gsr. But I am looking to put a new one in my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. The reason why I want a touch screen is just to have a more updated look and I like the interfaces. I do want a iPod hook up though cause those can come in handy. One type of touch screen I was looking at was a lot smaller but nice...it's called "Ultimate Single DIN Car DVD with Touchscreen and Ipod Input" or something like that.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Tedmond

if oyu want all that for 3 and under, like the post above, its hard to find unless its no name stuff. If i remember the 02 lancer are pita because the unit is slanted backwards so when the screen comes out, it gets stuck and the motorized gears start to grind. BUT metra has a special kit that moves your unit about 1/4 inch outwards to preventing it from hitting.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Andy-6
Andy~6

Oh really? I didn't think it would have a problem like that...but maybe it could. I think now I am just thinking on getting one that is touch screen but does not flip out or anything. Of course not as big as 7" but maybe 4.3" that way it is only a little over 300 too...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Tedmond

if you want just a dvd touch screen, you can pick up a double din. that way then you dont have to worry about the screen breaking as it flips down. The one your talkin about (single din with screen) the screen is about 3 - 5 inches, but taht will be no problem for a lancer. btw i just checked in with a few shops that i know and a shop i used to work at. the 02 lancer with a flip out its no problem. It was the older lancer 2001 and lower that had issues.